The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Trade] Gavrikov Deal Completed to Boston, Waiting on a Taker for Craig Smith (Update on P4)

AngryElf

23 hours ago, AngryElf said:

We wouldn’t be involved then, they would need to get a taker for Cal Peterson and that contract is too long for us. It would make sense why CBJ isn’t involved in him as a cap dump with their goalie depth. 

Anderson - Doughty 

Gavrikov - Durzi 

Bjornfot - Roy 

Kings would be his best spot I think too

20 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I hope we are a TDL facilitator and get some free draft capital 

I seriously doubt that will happen.  I fully expect to come out of this deadline with less draft capital than we have going into it.  I have no faith in this management group and even less in the owner to actually do the right thing and tear it down.  I will be shocked if Boeser, Miller, Myers, Schenn or Garland are on a different team come March 4th.

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, Plaguez said:

I seriously doubt that will happen.  I fully expect to come out of this deadline with less draft capital than we have going into it.  I have no faith in this management group and even less in the owner to actually do the right thing and tear it down.  I will be shocked if Boeser, Miller, Myers, Schenn or Garland are on a different team come March 4th.

Schenn likely will be, because he has value. How, exactly do we move those other before the coming TDL? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Plaguez said:

rachel dratch snl GIF

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

22 hours ago, Plaguez said:

While I also don't like this management group so far (or at least I am hesitant), I don't want them making a deal that won't make sense for us either. I think it's better to hope for a trade rather than expect a trade. The way I see it, hope creates happiness if/when that trade happens while expectations create anger if/when that trade doesn't happen. How you perceive things makes all the difference. ;)

Take the Horvat trade for example: I was pleasantly surprised it happened (while rather irritated at the so called "fans" dumping on Horvat after the fact but that's another story).

• Like 2

• AngryElf changed the title to [Rumour/Trade] Gavrikov Deal Completed to Boston, Waiting on a Taker for Craig Smith (Update on P4)

Seems strange for Boston to go so hard after Gavrikov but there you go - a team who respects and values defence is going to win another Cup. Gavrikov is CBJ's best defenceman right now and he's going to end up as Boston's 3-4th best guy. They mustn't be too happy with their 2nd pairing and want a boost there. That's how you win in the playoffs. All these teams getting excited about wingers and scoring aren't going to be able to get past this team with two top pairings. A first and 3rd is steep but about fair for pinching a top defenceman off another team.

If they're looking for someone to take Craig Smith's 3M until the end of the year we should swoop in, take it for a 2nd.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1