The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Trade] Gavrikov Deal Completed to Boston, Waiting on a Taker for Craig Smith (Update on P4)

AngryElf

40 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

He plays a part. The fact so many people are constantly upset with him means he does it well. That's how media works, and that's why he gets the credential. He generates far more conversation then a guy like Shah who generally gets far more radio and tv time. 

Satiar Shah is 10 times better then Drance. 

I can listen to a 2 hour post game show with Sat, who handles and talks directly to fans. 

Meanwhile Drance does absolutely no interacting with fans on air, and I have trouble listening to more then 10 minutes of his petulant childish behaviour. 

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Satiar Shah is 10 times better then Drance. 

I can listen to a 2 hour post game show with Sat, who handles and talks directly to fans. 

Meanwhile Drance does absolutely no interacting with fans on air, and I have trouble listening to more then 10 minutes of his petulant childish behaviour. 

I don't disagree, I quite like Shah while Drance would be near the bottom of my media ranking. I listen to every postgame even if it's the next day in the shop. But I also listen to Canucks Talk, and Canucks Central (I get a lot of radio time in the shop)

The point I'm making is Drance plays a roll in the grand scheme of the Canucks media. The fact that he triggers so many people is the reason he continues to get air time. That's why I find it so funny when he lives in people's head. If he allowed call ins to Canucks Talk, it would be an absolute night mare. But who do you think would have the longer que of people to to call in, Shah or Drance. I know where I'd put my money.

Edited by MeanSeanBean

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I don't disagree, I quite like Shah while Drance would be near the bottom of my media ranking. I listen to every postgame even if it's the next day in the shop. But I also listen to Canucks Talk, and Canucks Central (I get a lot of radio time in the shop)

The point I'm making is Drance plays a roll in the grand scheme of the Canucks media. The fact that he triggers so many people is the reason he continues to get air time. That's why I find it so funny when he lives in people's head. If he allowed call ins to Canucks Talk, it would be an absolute night mare. But who do you think would have the longer que of people to like up to call in, Shah or Drance. I know where I'd put my money.

Drance's fanbase would never call in, they're the Twitter trolls that would only feel comfortable texting in... 

But yeah I get what you're getting at. 

1 hour ago, LegionOfDoom said:

God damn… this is the toxic negativity drance passes onto the fan base, literally implies unrealistic business expectations, trust me management is 1000 times more competent than Thomas Drance and yourself… 

Wow, Legion of Doom against the Plaguez on this forum. 
Hellraiser XII :towel:

32 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'm with you on your take of Drance. People who constantly bash him don't actually hear him and what his points are. If they did, they'd understand him better. He has lots of great insight. But good luck trying to find anyone who will actually argue Drance's points, point by point, as they'll quickly resort to bashing him without ever discussing his points. 

He gets annoying after a while sometimes but he puts the work in, and if you step back and understand he's doing his job and these are all just his 'researched' opinions, I don't think there's a much call for criticism as exists currently.

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Drance's fanbase would never call in, they're the Twitter trolls that would only feel comfortable texting in... 

You could be right, I see where you're coming from, but a confident idiot is a scary thing. I definitely think people would take the opportunity to go toe to toe with Drance and I think he would talk circles around them. I'd actually love to listen to an hour of kuckleheads calling in to call him annoying and comment on his punchable face (dear Gord does he ever have a punchable face...), only for him to actually stick to hockey and make them feel silly.

I find him irritating, but he can also be really funny at times. The guy gets into twitter beef with people and then calls them out on live radio when they don't have the ability to defend themselves. It's a pretty low thing to do, but I always get a chuckle out of it. I mean... Who deep down inside wouldn't love to be able to call people our on the radio you've had arguments with.

11 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

When questioned or challenged you default to homophobia? Grow up.

How did you get homophobia out of that? Now you are using slander in your inadmissible point… I have no time for people who stoop down to a fragile topic for beneficial purposes also question others morals and mannerism to attempt self profit and validation to their argument, clearly you have some issues and I will no longer engage with such a shallow minded individual… take care 

• RoughGame 1

13 minutes ago, awalk said:

He gets annoying after a while sometimes but he puts the work in, and if you step back and understand he's doing his job and these are all just his 'researched' opinions, I don't think there's a much call for criticism as exists currently.

It's not really what he says but how he says it that gets under people's skin. 

But, I think what gets missed the most by fans that hate him so much is that the bar he has set, and to which all his points are directed towards, is an elite Stanley Cup contending team, not just a WC or middle of the pack playoff team. This is what I like about him, because he sets the highest bar possible and talks about how we can actually get there.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

All I see from Drance is pure scumbag but I don't waste my time following or listening to media all day. What a pathetic world we live in where an ahole like that makes money simply from being an ahole.

Today was the first time I've heard him speak common sense on the 650 morning show. Outside of that I agree lol

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Today was the first time I've heard him speak common sense on the 650 morning show. Outside of that I agree lol

He's usually pretty good when he's doing spots on other people's programs. It's when he's on his own he acts more like... Drance. Because it's his job to do that lol.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Not all fans need to be heard verbally they are not attentions w******s.

Twitter for some is access for what has been a silent majority.

Drance simply expresses what that majority think or feel. 

If he is blamed for leading bad vibes then the last 8 years apart from him and Botchford were only two of the 50 or so media crowing to the public about how good the team was.

Funny how it is okay for the general media to lead fans down the garden path but not when there is some reality involved. 

So for those burying heads in the ground

Kumbya, Kumbya, Kumbya

Edited by ToTellTheTruth

1 minute ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

If he is blamed for leading bad vibes then the last 8 years apart from him and Botchford were only two of the 50 or so media crowing to the public about how good the team was.

Funny how it is okay for the general media to lead fans down the garden path but not when there is some reality involved. 

Kumbya, Kumbya, Kumbya

There's a difference between burying your head in the sand and just not exposing yourself to toxic pieces of shit. Kumbaya indeed.

Just curious, if this is what Gavrikov an LHD is worth on an expiring deal with less hits, less PIMS no cups or playoff experience really.  What is Schenn worth ?  He only has a $230,000 pro rated cap hit right now is the league leader in hits has solid PIMS and twice the points while being a multiple time cup veteran and RHD

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

He's usually pretty good when he's doing spots on other people's programs. It's when he's on his own he acts more like... Drance. Because it's his job to do that lol.

Haha yeah for sure. He values his own opinion soo highly and it's the most annoying thing ever. It must be because he's on Florida's media wall of honor..:bigblush:

ZomboMeme14012023144829.thumb.jpg.6a9e2013900df1cbeac1b97671a7be14.jpg

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Kumbya, Kumbya, Kumbya

I picture Drance as just one person. I do not think he represents what "the majority" of fans think, nor do I think any media pundit should. A media pundit should be there to provide an opinion and then fans can agree or disagree with that pundit.\

To say 1 person represents the majority of a fanbase... that's just someone trying to stroke an ego. People say that kind of thing on this forum all the time, usually to replace an actual sound argument that they couldn't come up out of laziness or it never existed.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

I'm with you on your take of Drance. People who constantly bash him don't actually hear him and what his points are. If they did, they'd understand him better. He has lots of great insight. But good luck trying to find anyone who will actually argue Drance's points, point by point, as they'll quickly resort to bashing him without ever discussing his points. 

My point for Drance.

and I listen to him a lot.

I listen to all the sn650 segments regularly.

I like he does the work, he has a valid opinions, he doubles down on his views and owns them right or wrong. And hes clearly passionate.

What I have a problem with:

He is more pessimistic than optimistic in most situations.

And not jus when he goes off or loses it. But his constant tone, messaging and delivery of his views is exhausting to listen to for me. He drains me. Sometimes after listening to him I feel just stressed out and my anxiety goes up and my breathing more shallow.

He drains my energy.

I think he could be a bit more neutral or optimistic at times. Negative views from him can increase fan toxicity levels and in reality no matter how much work he does hes not a team executive or a hockey genius. If he was he'd have a different job.

So I wish this old story could reach him:

A farmer has several horses that give him status and wealth. Other people in the village often tell him how good it is that he has these horses. He answers: “Good or bad, who’s to say?”

One day the horses breach his fence, break free and run away. He has lost his horses and the villagers are quick to point out how terrible and awful that is. What a bad predicament! The man again answers: “Good or bad, who’s to say?”

The man’s son goes out and starts looking for the horses that have escaped. A few weeks later he returns with the horses along with a few wild horses who had joined the herd. The villagers tell the man how wonderful it is that the man now has his horses back along with a few more! Again, he replies: “Good or bad, who’s to say?”

A few days later, in an attempt to tame and train the wild horses, the man’s son is thrown and breaks his leg. When the villagers hear about the injury they feel so sorry for the man and his son. How terrible! Once again, the man replies: “Good or bad, who’s to say?”

The son must rest and recover and let his leg heal. During his recovery the army marches into town looking to recruit all able-bodied young men to fight in the war. Because of his injury, the son is unable to join the fight. That is very good luck, the villagers say. And again, the man replies: “Good or bad, who’s to say?”

-

And really any fan here who hasn't heard this should read it and consider it every trade, draft pick and signing we make. ^

Those who are optimistic are usually the happiest too. So listening to a more pessimistic than optimistic media man is a drain. And he is notably more pessimistic than any other canucks segment who also are critical of the canucks decision or direction. It is jus the way he delivers things.

My answer is more longwinded than a Triple Threat Ian Mac response lmao

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

There's a difference between burying your head in the sand and just not exposing yourself to toxic pieces of shit. Kumbaya indeed.

But you are participating in forum where toxic comments are standard fare.

A forum that runs down particular players

A place where an opinion is superior to facts/

Emotions are posted for all to see.

Fans come here voluntarily the same with listening to any media so having different views is important.

How many times could any subject or team be described if all were thinking the same thing?

"They are good" "No they are really good" " not close they are really really good" " your wrong you don't know what you are thinking they  are really, really, really good"

Kind of get repetitive, who can be the best cheerleader?

On this forum for years anyone who was against Benning was an idiot especially if they brought up something like facts instead of opinion.

Anyone who has seen this forum knows that burying the head and cheerleading was a mandate for "likes"

How many posters now will admit they supported everything Benning now? How many still blame Gillis? But at the same time are blaming the new guys for not getting the team winning immediately like Benning didn't?

Critics about how Bruce was hung out to dry but ignore how Green was signed to be the whipping boy and hung out to dry for months longer. But this group is bad people, but Benning was just trying hard.