The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Senators trade Tyler Motte to Rangers for Julien Gauthier, conditional 2023 7th-round pick

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

C'mon man. He's a useful, hard working forward.

He's not going to win a scoring title.

You are kidding, right? He's a buzzsaw, who, if you don't remember,

the goals he scored in the playoffs against St.Louis in the bubble? 

Obviously he's not going to win any scoring title, but the guy's a workhorse

who can kill penalties too. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's still far over-hyped for what he brings. He's a solid guy, great team player, and works his tail off.

But not worth letting go? Yeah, that's a bit much.

I'm struggling who I agree with here :lol: I'd always sell anyone we're not extending for a reasonable hit, so I'd move him again in a redo.

But I also love Motter and the Canucks desperately need a couple of guys like him on the roster to become a good team. Let's not under sell him either. Guys like that help you win games. Especially come playoff time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm struggling who I agree with here :lol: I'd always sell anyone we're not extending for a reasonable hit, so I'd move him again in a redo.

But I also love Motter and the Canucks desperately need a couple of guys like him on the roster to become a good team. Let's not under sell him either. Guys like that help you win games. Especially come playoff time.

My answer would be different if the Canucks were in a playoff position. But that's not where they are. What fans look at Motte. Is how I look at Schenn. He's low maintenance. A good team guy, he hits, he gets points. And would be a great mentor to younger defence on how to be a pro. Unless someone is offering a high 2nd rounder, or a 1st, I'd rather see him here.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 2/20/2023 at 8:20 AM, iinatcc said:

The Rangers, like I said before, is the model team how to do a rebuild right (perhaps even more so than Tampa).

They way they turned it around after that letter to their fans is pretty amazing.

They have elite players in every position (Fox, Panarin, Zibanejad, Shersterkin) and even reclamation projects like Jimmy Vesey has turned a corner.

When they have won a cup you might be able to claim this. 

It's also a lot easier when players let it be known that the Rangers are the only team they are willing to sign with.

• Cheers 1

• 2 months later...