The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Toews releases statement -- dealing with symptoms of Long COVID and Chronic Immune Response Syndrome

Rate this topic

Just now, Iron Fist said:

He is a hall of famer.  

119 pts in 137 Playoff games, 3 Cups, 7 Gold Medals and a Silver in International play, 1 of 8 players to win a Cup and Olympic Gold Medal in the same year and integral piece of both teams,  Selke, Youngest Captain to win a Conn Smythe trophy, named on the Centennial anniversary 100 greatest players of all time. Toews is a first ballot Hall of Famer. The not a Hall of Fame career comment is laughable. 

• Cheers 4

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

119 pts in 137 Playoff games, 3 Cups, 7 Gold Medals and a Silver in International play, 1 of 8 players to win a Cup and Olympic Gold Medal in the same year and integral piece of both teams,  Selke, Youngest Captain to win a Conn Smythe trophy, named on the Centennial anniversary 100 greatest players of all time. Toews is a first ballot Hall of Famer. The not a Hall of Fame career comment is laughable. 

I guess if you put it like that damn. I forgot about more than half of those awards. Chicago has sucked for so long I also forgot about his 3 cups.

Yeah he’s definitely a hall of famer LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I guess if you put it like that damn. I forgot about more than half of those awards. Chicago has sucked for so long I also forgot about his 3 cups.

Yeah he’s definitely a hall of famer LOL

He was a lousy Captain for letting what happened to Beach, much like Q being a lousy coach  for letting that happen and escalate. I don't buy for a second they were unaware. And if they weren't aware why weren't they when even freaking Sopel knew about it.

• Like 1

Boo Hoo. Great player, douchey, shameful person.

AFAIC Captain Serious can go pound sand, he'll be 35 next month, and it's not as if he's left for wanting.

He had the great fortune to have a long career, with all the trimmings and accolades....while others like Kyle Beach never played a single game in the NHL.

13 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Boo Hoo. Great player, douchey, shameful person.

AFAIC Captain Serious can go pound sand, he'll be 35 next month, and it's not as if he's left for wanting.

He had the great fortune to have a long career, with all the trimmings and accolades....while others like Kyle Beach never played a single game in the NHL.

It’s terrible what happened to Kyle and it’s shameful that JT or others did not help him.

With that in mind, prior to 2010 assault KB was a terrible skater, undisciplined hothead that got into trouble many times with teammates, refs etc. He shouldn’t have been drafted as high as he did. 

• Cheers 2