The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Barzal out indefinitely

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

Good news for the Canucks chances of drafting well with the Isles pick.

Mathew Barzal is out indefinitely with a lower body injury after a collision with Craig Smith of the Bruins.

https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/isles-day-to-day-barzal-out-indefinitely-with-lower-body-injury/c-341296188

Bo Horvat is continuing to produce for them... had a goal against the Penguins for 4 in total.

But without Barzal, I don't think they can keep the Wildcard spot they have now.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

This discussion was going on in the other threads.  I mentioned there how the Isles need to make a decision fast.  What they should do is become sellers immediately and go for a fast re-tool next season.  They can draft someone tenth overall this season and pray they make the playoffs the next year.  Do I think Lou will do that?  No - I think he'll just go for it and buy whatever he can this month, fail to make the playoffs, and net us a 13th overall pick.

• Vintage 1

We need them to miss the playoffs but not drop lower than 18 th or 19th in the league.

Now, our luck would be that they drop to 22nd and win the lottery and snagging Bedard and bumping us back a draft spot in the process…

I’ve run the simulator a number of times, half the time we slide back 2 spots from #5 as 2 teams pass us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shekky said:

well in a perfect world look what I got rofl Landing the number 1 spot and getting the 13th overall pick as well hopefully the Canucks can get another pick in

this years draft.

image.png.ce4a894afa15420acae917ca16a4c4bd.png

Imagine if that was the actual draft?  We get Bedard and Montreal gets Fantilli. 

That means Florida traded Fantilli for 2 months of Ben Chiarot...   :lol:

That is the reason I am hoping Lou keeps the pick.  Anything can happen next year, and if the Islanders miss the playoffs and win the lottery, oh boy...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, hammertime said:

I can't believe this fanbase. Aatu went 52 oa what did you expect Aho? 

Sorry, please don't mistake my attempt at humour as a slight against Raty. you can check my history and I've been quite happy with the return for Horvat.

The stank I speak of is Mothballs, smog and pizza grease...

think you can figure out where that lovely aroma originates from.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Sorry, please don't mistake my attempt at humour as a slight against Raty. you can check my history and I've been quite happy with the return for Horvat.

The stank I speak of is Mothballs, smog and pizza grease...

think you can figure out where that lovely aroma originates from.

I retract my comment. I just see a lot of posters crapping all over the kid. It's not his fault he's was over hyped as a 16 yearlod and then again by the NYI sales team. Just let the kid play hockey and tune out the noise for a bit. 

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I retract my comment. I just see a lot of posters crapping all over the kid. It's not his fault he's was over hyped as a 16 yearlod and then again by the NYI sales team. Just let the kid play hockey and tune out the noise for a bit. 

I believe it started even earlier, I think at 14? he was sent to player in older leagues. Nothing but hope and success for the kid, glad he rediscovered his passion for the game.

Posters seem to forget that life happens before hockey, none of us know much of what he's gone through other then it almost made him quit hockey. 

Also... greatness needs adversity as a spark, those that have something to prove often compete to be the best. see Petey and his "lack of size"

Exactly! get him all the minutes and experience in the A and come next season he should be earning a spot(hopefully)

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine if that was the actual draft?  We get Bedard and Montreal gets Fantilli. 

That means Florida traded Fantilli for 2 months of Ben Chiarot...   :lol:

That is the reason I am hoping Lou keeps the pick.  Anything can happen next year, and if the Islanders miss the playoffs and win the lottery, oh boy...

image.png.73b6dda9896074f5e734361c5e71a891.png

• Upvote 1