The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Sam Malinski

Livingstone would be my choice first obviously, bigger frame and putting up similar points to Malinski. PPG in the NCAA isn't too flashy but pretty decent when it comes to defencemen. It's always a gamble, you never know how these late bloomers are going to fare. I'd like to see what Livingstone could do slotted right next to Quinn though, surely that's a tempting enough reason to sign with us.

If we somehow sign Malinski too he'd probably be with OEL or on our bottom pairing with Dermott, not bad.

Everyone expects them to do well in the NHL, but I remember when there was so much hype about Danny DeKeyser, he finally signs with Detroit and to his credit, has had an alright career, but nothing amazing or flashy. Certainly no top star, just a decent defenceman for his career.

Livingstone and Malinski are scoring almost 2-3 times as much as DeKyser was.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Livingstone would be my choice first obviously, bigger frame and putting up similar points to Malinski. PPG in the NCAA isn't too flashy but pretty decent when it comes to defencemen. It's always a gamble, you never know how these late bloomers are going to fare. I'd like to see what Livingstone could do slotted right next to Quinn though, surely that's a tempting enough reason to sign with us.

If we somehow sign Malinski too he'd probably be with OEL or on our bottom pairing with Dermott, not bad.

Everyone expects them to do well in the NHL, but I remember when there was so much hype about Danny DeKeyser, he finally signs with Detroit and to his credit, has had an alright career, but nothing amazing or flashy. Certainly no top star, just a decent defenceman for his career.

Don't have to look that far, remember when we signed Rafferty and Teves from College? Most of these signings tend to be insignificant.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Both. Livingstone is NHLer. Anyone else coming out of NCAA will head to abby 

25 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's true, I just have a bit of a chuckle every time news about the Canucks being interested in D pops up 

Well even Eklund could get that right Considering it's our biggest need haha

Edited by myre
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

This is the guy we should be doing everything to get here

They should but with the first contract cap it seems that financially every team are on equal footing as they can all only offer the same first term contract as the others. 

The deciding factor comes down to the intangible playing time, development opportunities, city, team direction and competitiveness...

Depending what Livingston wants the Canucks should be able to offer an immediate opportunity to play and hopefully are on an upswing but there is enough disfunction that it could still scare him away.

• Cheers 1

One of the things I like about Livingstone, is that while he wasn't much of an offensive dman during

his jr years, he learned to be very tough.  He certainly can handle the physical game in the NHL and

it looks like he can play well in both ends.

4 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

What is the point? might as well bring Stecher back????

because he could turn out alot better than stecher and considereing he's* a "free agrent", we can put him in the minors or call him up if he does well. why not?

Edited by TNucks1