The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BRUINS/ CANUCKS/ JACKETS [proposal]

There are active rumors Bruins are looking at Gavrikov but not wanting to pull the trigger due to cap concerns. Bruins are looking at moving Craig smith in order to get Gavrikov.

Also rumors bruins may consider Schenn.

Bruins recieve: 

Schenn 

Gavrikov

Canucks 2023 NYR 4th rd pick

Canucks receive:

Boston 1st round pick (most likely 25 to 32 pick)

Smith

CBJ recieves:

Boston 2023 3rd pick and Canucks 2023 4th rd pick

-

Is that enough compensation to the CBJ?

Edited by PunjabiCanucks
  • Haha 3

• PunjabiCanucks changed the title to BRUINS/ CANUCKS/ JACKETS [proposal]

CBJ is giving up Gavrikov and only getting a 3rd and 4th back?

They're looking for a 1st + ...

We're getting a 1st for Schenn and two 4ths?

You need to reevaluate.

e/ Although we are taking on about a million dollars real money for Smith over Schenn so in this case perhaps our portion of the deal is fair.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Cheers 1

Rumour has it Boston's hoping for someone to take Smith. If they would be willing to trade a 1st round pick in order to do that... I would think that trade would have happened by now. I will be extremely surprised if a 1st round pick is involved in picking up a 33 year old center that has only scored 10 points this season so far.

Your trade ain't happening. Sorry dude, it's not even close.

Edited by The Lock

44 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Rumour has it Boston's hoping for someone to take Smith. If they would be willing to trade a 1st round pick in order to do that... I would think that trade would have happened by now. I will be extremely surprised if a 1st round pick is involved in picking up a 33 year old center that has only scored 10 points this season so far.

Your trade ain't happening. Sorry dude, it's not even close.

The Canuck part of his trade is solid.  Schenn + Smith for Boston 1st (could be 32oa)

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

The Canuck part of his trade is solid.  Schenn + Smith for Boston 1st (could be 32oa)

Of course it is because a 1st overall is a gross overpayment for Schenn and a 4th rounder. lol

Our side would runaway with highway robbery. The other teams would hang up on us meanwhile.

There's more to a trade than just our team you know? Like... the other teams need to want it too.

Edited by The Lock

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Of course it is because a 1st overall is a gross overpayment for Schenn and a 4th rounder. lol

Our side would runaway with highway robbery. The other teams would hang up on us meanwhile.

Canucks take the cap dump, so the (almost 2nd round) 1st is fair.

Overall I think Boston is the winner in the trade, leaving the Jackets in the dust.

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Overall I think Boston is the winner in the trade, leaving the Jackets in the dust.

I honestly still don't see it. I think the value's still a fair ways off, but we can agree to disagree.

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

It only cost Ottawa a 2nd and a 4th to offload Zaitsev.  He has a cap hit of $4.5m for another season.  Smith is a pending UFA with a cap hit of $3.1m.  It’s not going to cost anywhere near a 2nd to move him in a trade.  More likely a 4th. Getting a 1st for Schenn and taking on Smith seems incredibly unlikely