The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Josiah Slavin to Ducks for Hunter Drew

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Blackhawks trade Josiah Slavin to Ducks for Hunter Drew
2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Look at Chicago go. That's how you makes things happen as a bottom feeder. Perhaps someone could give Alvin a fresh set of batteries so he can get to work.

As scummy as that franchise is they've done a great job acquiring picks. Five first round picks over the next three drafts (so far) due to the Hagel trade, that'll probably go up once they trade Kane. Six second round picks over the next three drafts, which could increase. Five third round picks. Four fifth round picks. 

Gotta make the picks work, sure. But they're a bottom feeder and they know it, they're approaching it properly. 

I just hope they don't get Bedard, I'd rather see him anywhere else. 

• Tanks a lot 1

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

As scummy as that franchise is they've done a great job acquiring picks. Five first round picks over the next three drafts (so far) due to the Hagel trade, that'll probably go up once they trade Kane. Six second round picks over the next three drafts, which could increase. Five third round picks. Four fifth round picks. 

Gotta make the picks work, sure. But they're a bottom feeder and they know it, they're approaching it properly. 

I just hope they don't get Bedard, I'd rather see him anywhere else. 

That's where this team needs to get. Yes, they have superb talent in Pettersson, Hughes, Demko (I believe he'll return to form), and some very solid supporting players, Miller, Bear, Lazar, Silovs, Podkolzin. 

Whatever can be done to jettison the rest to other teams, for everyone's sake, should be happening sooner than later. Why wait? I'm sure adequate deals are on the table. 

• Tanks a lot 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's where this team needs to get. Yes, they have superb talent in Pettersson, Hughes, Demko (I believe he'll return to form), and some very solid supporting players, Miller, Bear, Lazar, Silovs, Podkolzin. 

Whatever can be done to jettison the rest to other teams, for everyone's sake, should be happening sooner than later. Why wait? I'm sure adequate deals are on the table. 

I think a part of it is there are more sellers this season do the bottom feeders wanting to drop? It's hard to say really. There's an arms race going on out East but the West is pretty wide open tbh, I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen a western team make a splash yet. 

Going into season Colorado was the team to beat but they've struggled with injuries all season. They're getting closer to being healthy with Landeskog working towards returning but they're still missing Makar. It's really anyone's guess who makes it out of the West at this point, opportunity is there. 

Doesn't matter how stacked the East is, whoever makes it out of the west could still win a seven game series. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I think a part of it is there are more sellers this season do the bottom feeders wanting to drop? It's hard to say really. There's an arms race going on out East but the West is pretty wide open tbh, I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen a western team make a splash yet. 

Going into season Colorado was the team to beat but they've struggled with injuries all season. They're getting closer to being healthy with Landeskog working towards returning but they're still missing Makar. It's really anyone's guess who makes it out of the West at this point, opportunity is there. 

Doesn't matter how stacked the East is, whoever makes it out of the west could still win a seven game series. 

I want trades now. Now. 

• Tanks a lot 1

Chicago is going to destroy their team this deadline. They have tanked before, they snagged Toews and Kane, Keith and Seabrook, they drafted well, they won a bunch of Cups and now they're tanking again.

They know how to get it done. They may well win their 2nd set of Cups before this Canucks team manages to figure it out.