The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Feb. 23, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Don't blame the Canucks for not tanking - more like Blues hardly giving much resistance - getting outshot 2-1 at home. 

Canucks, based on their easy schedule should finish about 12-14th this year so probably will miss out on the Bedard draw. The team seem to always play with pride and effort - right now, there is little pressure since they are a bit out of the playoffs so just going about their business.

Would be ironic if St. Louis gets the lottery draw though especially if they finish 11th by one point.

• Cheers 1

Petey looks very fast tonight. Such an awesome player.

Shame on Brock Boeser for sucking so bad. He’s morphed into a post modern-day Louie Erikksson. So useless out there. Every time we try to showcase him, he ends up looking horrid.

Miller is playing very solid. I’m glad we’ve still got him.

Kuzmenko is amazing.

NHL tried to ruin us with bad rulings. Billington tried to win. I’m glad we parked the tank for this one and got it done.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Screw said:

Blues didn’t show up at all.  So frustrated as you just can’t cheer for the team to win as it will hugger up the draft.  Crappy season has been trashed since the start has made the entire experience unpleasant.

I really wish nhl just switch to an even lottery for picks 1 to 10 for the bottom 10 teams so we don't have to do this cheer for your team to lose thing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Tanks a lot 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Well we should lose the next 4 straight followed this back and forth between playoff team to bottom feeder till the season ends.. Will be interesting. Need a top 4, Probably stay top 7 but more than likely we will do our thing and be at the tail end of the lottery lol

Dumb da dumb dumb dumb. Media is excited about the fact they won against this horrible team. I just can't. Every year. Every single year. I really wanted them to win early in the season. Winning late every year makes me angry. Do they only show up when they feel like it? I think so.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Dumb da dumb dumb dumb. Media is excited about the fact they won against this horrible team. I just can't. Every year. Every single year. I really wanted them to win early in the season. Winning late every year makes me angry. Do they only show up when they feel like it? I think so.

Media’s job is literally promoting product. That has fk all to do with what happens on the ice. Just bitching to bitch at this point. 

• Cheers 3

What the actual hell?  I was busy and we were safely down… then more last minute heroics by Kuzmenko and Petterson?

So Canuck-like to not even be able to tank properly and end up just doing enough to make sure we don’t get a great draft pick.

Start actually playing once the games are meaningless.  I guess starting to play in October would be too much to ask?

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Don't blame the Canucks for not tanking - more like Blues hardly giving much resistance - getting outshot 2-1 at home. 

Canucks, based on their easy schedule should finish about 12-14th this year so probably will miss out on the Bedard draw. The team seem to always play with pride and effort - right now, there is little pressure since they are a bit out of the playoffs so just going about their business.

Would be ironic if St. Louis gets the lottery draw though especially if they finish 11th by one point.

That a solid, realistic take on what will probably happen. Well, maybe not the St. Louis winning the lottery part.