The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Kasperi Kapanen, Kevin Gravel

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

That’s JR’s boy that’s on waivers. Allvin has 8 missed calls already from JR telling him to claim his boy. 

He’s got negative value. Not by a lot though reminds me of Beauvillier. 

Edited by brian42
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

the beauty of hindsight right? 

Absolutely. Hindsight is a benefit to be sure, Rutherford's moves are a mixed bag. 

The Pearson trade is another example, as was signing Jack Johnson who they wound up having to buy out. 

It's a good bit of balance to those who wave the flag of our supposed super management group. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Absolutely. Hindsight is a benefit to be sure, Rutherford's moves are a mixed bag. 

The Pearson trade is another example, as was signing Jack Johnson who they wound up having to buy out. 

It's a good bit of balance to those who wave the flag of our supposed super management group. 

I think JR's connections and clout within the league is a great thing for Allvin as he navigates his way through being a General Manager in this league. I think Allvin learning from JR but being a patient, calculated GM is huge.

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I think JR's connections and clout within the league is a great thing for Allvin as he navigates his way through being a General Manager in this league. I think Allvin learning from JR but being a patient, calculated GM is huge.

Maybe, who knows. Allvin seems like a puppet politician thus far. 

I think JR's in over his head, took him an entire year to realize the organization and roster weren't where he thought it was when some of us, as fans, saw it last season. We'll see what else happens under his tenure. 

• Cheers 1

Not sure what people think is so wrong with Kapanen. He's never been anything more than a fringe top 6 player with speed. Decent on the PK, that's about it. I'd take him to help out the PK, not at 3.2M but if we were in a better spot cap wise I'd do this. At least he's free and not part of a Boeser trade

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Waivers] Kasperi Kapanen, Kevin Gravel

Hard to say whether Kapanen puts it together somewhere else. From what I've read of him from Leafs fans he'd put up chance after chance on the third line and then fizzle out once placed in their top six. 

Pens fans say there's little redeeming about his game besides his speed. Some would be surprised if he's claimed.

Not really interested in taking on a project who'll be 27 in July with another year at 3.2M on his deal unless Boeser's header their way and their 1st is headed ours. 

• Cheers 1