The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday, February 25/2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Boston Bruins - 4pm PT/7pm ET - Da Garage (Yes, I like dis name da best - an oldie but goodie)

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Had this in the "simple game day starter" no big deal this one is much better

Big Bad Bruins, the new improved model.

42 points ahead of the Canucks and better now.

Will Tocchet shorten the bench in the third again? That doesn't seem prudent if they are trying to see what the character of some players is for next years team. All he is doing is playing those that will be there anyway unless they are trying to bump Miller's value.

Marchand will make an impact, he always does against Vancouver, he might just go over Pettersson knowing full well there are no players to stop him.

The line up, does it matter all that much when the really big question is not who plays tonight but who is around in 10 days?

Lots of AHL players

A few marginal NHLer's

A couple of star player's

Versus

Old man time

Pest

Sniper

4X8 plywood

and

THE MACHINE that is the Big Bad Bruins

I think the Bruins take the Canucks out behind the wood shed and kick their ....

So that means the Nux will probably win :lol:

Edited by ToTellTheTruth
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Had this in the "simple game day starter" no big deal this one is much better

Big Bad Bruins, the new improved model.

42 points ahead of the Canucks and better now.

Will Tocchet shorten the bench in the third again? That doesn't seem prudent if they are trying to see what the character of some players is for next years team. All he is doing is playing those that will be there anyway unless they are trying to bump Miller's value.

Marchand will make an impact, he always does against Vancouver, he might just go over Pettersson knowing full well there are no players to stop him.

The line up, does it matter all that much when the really big question is not who plays tonight but who is around in 10 days?

Lots of AHL players

A few marginal NHLer's

A couple of star player's

Versus

Old man time

Pest

Sniper

4X8 plywood

and

THE MACHINE that is the Big Bad Bruins

Thanks, be fun to make some of those as animated gifs in the future. If you want to do a future game just write it on the GDT sign-up thread. I listed the remaining 28-odd games there.

• -DLC- pinned and featured this topic
  • -DLC- changed the title to [GDT] Saturday, February 25/2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Boston Bruins - 4pm PT/7pm ET - Da Garage (Yes, I like dis name da best - an oldie but goodie)
1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

A Bit About Me:

I am a huge Canucks fan, have always been so. How big do you ask? Well, I live in Kelowna now and used to do a lot of business in Vancouver. Funny enough, I seem to always just happen have some business in Vancouver the very day that the Canucks were playing and of course, I just had to attend a game as it was too late to drive home so might as well stay at the Sandman Hotel. My record was 14 games attended in one year while living in Kelowna. Part of the fun was haggling with the scalpers outside but generally managed to get good seats (lower bowl mostly with 2 periods at the visitor's end). Oh the days of watching Bert, Hank, Daniel, Nazzy. So many memories watching the Canucks (win / lose or draw). Met many good people sitting in the seats around me, learnt a few things about life at the games as well - but that is a thread for another day.

My very earliest memory include watching the Canucks play on my uncle's black and white TV back in the very early 70's - dating myself a bit. I had recently imigrated (with my family of course) from Australia to Vernon, BC - I was only 5 years old. Everything then was different - snow, Halloween, hockey, no kangaroos. Back then it was only Hockey Night in Canada on a Saturday and I recall with fondness my uncle (and others around at that time) cheering on the Canucks, hating the other team's players (whomever they were) - except Bobby Orr. No one ever had a bad thing to say about Bobby, Bruins yes but not Bobby.

I watched the 82 run (saw one game in person - I was in high school and my uncle took me), the 94 run (attended one game in person) and the 2011 run (sadly only was able to watch on TV. Watched every game of that playoff run hosting parties at home for fans - oh the stories I could tell from those events). One of my saddest days was when the Canucks lost in game 7 in 2011 ... my wife destroyed our TV out of sheer anger with a well placed mostly full can of cider and to this day she can't watch a Canucks game if they are losing. 

But I digress, could go on to the many, many memories I have linked to the Vancouver Canucks, but this is a game day thread, so here goes.

******* READ THE VERY END IF YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE *********

Media

Best one - GO BUY A TICKET and go yell at the refs, Tocchet or throw popcorn and stale beer at Marchand (j/k, please do not physically abuse anyone at the games). However, here is the Rat working out in preparation for Saturdays game to get everyone's head into this game.

image.gif.c19d5129cc4b2d173c6f5f64c8be0c45.gif

Can't make to the game, well thankfully there are alternatives.

Second Best - your local watering hole where they bring you beer and appies

Lastly, if none of the above are your cup of tea, then we have the following:

TV: Sportsnet Pacific, SNW, City, NESN

Radio: SN650, 98.5 Sports Hub

Streaming online available as well. 

Overseas and not possible to have a valid subscription? I was living in Australia for a few years a bit ago and was able to connect to various streaming services sourced via REDDIT forums. It was hit and miss but for the most part I was able to see the games live complete with Shorty and Co's commentary.

Overview

While this isn't a rematch of the 2011 Canucks - Bruins series nor game 8 played on January 7, 2012 , the Bruins still get a rise out of a lot of Canucks fans. Bruins have lost only 8 games so far and yet have added Dmitry Orlov and Garnet Hathaway to the roster. Who sits on a Bruins roster that has compiled a 44-8-5 record to make room for Orlov and Hathaway?

The Canucks are trying hard to tank (Myers / Stillman putting in valiant efforts to the cause every game) while the tank is being ruined by Petey, Kuz and Miller ala last two games. Schenn is sitting with Boeser the next one in the chamber to ride the pine for trade reasons, if one is to believe rumors. Canucks have gone 4-4-2 over the last 10 games which is about 3 wins too many for a lot of the faithful. Raty made his Canucks debut and quietly played a decent game with TOI of 7:37. For the Canucks, the top line continues to be red-hot combining now for 17 goals and 32 points in 9 games with Pettersson leading the way. 

The Bruins are firing on all cylinders leading the league in points, #1 on the PK (86.2%), #7 on the PP (23.7%). .... ahhhh, enough about the Bruins.

Matchup Info

• This game is the second of two games between Vancouver and Boston with Boston taking the first game 5-2 on November 13, 2023 with Miller and Dries scoring for the Canucks.
  • Vancouver - 126 games played with W35 - L74 - T15 - OTL2 record against Boston.
  • Vancouver has a 359 / 492 GF vs GA versus Boston
  • Brad Marchand, Taylor Hall, Charlie Coyle and Patrice Bergeron all have goals against Canucks of 10 - 10 - 8 - 7 respectively
  • Taylor Hall and Brad Marchand have 38 - 16 all time points against Canucks respectively. Hall's total a bit skewed by days in Edmonton.
  • JT Miller, Tyler Myers, Tanner Pearson (LTIR) and Anthony Beauvillier have all time goals against Bruins of 7 - 5 - 4 - 3 respectively
  • JT Miller and Tyler Myers have 18 - 17 all time points against the Bruins

By the Numbers

• Elias "Alien" Pettersson has 23 points (10-13-23) in his last fourteen games.

• JT Miller has 12 points (3-9-12) in his last ten games.

• Quinn Hughes has nine points (1-8-9) in his last eight games.

• Brock Boeser has nine points (1-8-9) in his last ten games.

• Conor Garland has seven points (3-4-7) in his last nine games.

• Anthony Beauvillier has seven points (4-3-7) in his last seven games.

• Andrei Kuzmenko has seven points (5-2-6) in his last five games.

Teams

image.png.5d1b0f5f8cbf511b86af227350f6fea8.png

image.png.c624feead56649df1d0886babf8d4c0c.png

image.png.f94fe013d606af89b7d8118353f9b80e.png

image.png.bafd42aebf17a19ac49767b5b9e556e9.png

image.png.ab25598666f849824b2ee820c6ee5e27.png

image.png.9198fd336768583a55c1d0b8331f8ccf.png

image.png.a70d03028184d264c20a02f705e8ffed.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

image.png.8714d9d1575dc558756da4e2ded028ce.png

image.png.079f8f51e013d604baf77a8ea7be8fb5.png

image.png.78e0eff6776bb3d233e872934c7fc3d0.png

image.png.ac7b4147d69f3a0a1681b2b42c550f67.png

image.png.9a2945bc784807dfd709aa1bbde6f97a.png

image.png.bdee7549edc5278aea14f359761d8e16.png

image.png.7b5931b9578854189ef450634bd6c6be.png

************ SOME FUN STUFF ********************

Brad Marchand being a rat

GAME 8 - one of my favorite games

On my second try

image.png.eeaf17e0bf680ee32397ea3c30a5aeda.png

******* LOTTERY FUN ***********

OK, just to spice this thread up, I am buying lottery tickets.  Here are the rules.

Game 1 - the Most to Post

I have purchased a ticket for Saturday's Lotto 649 and here it is.

image.png.418ee2235a2fc22fbc04787b62666b81.png

In the unlikely event that we hit the big prize (i.e., at least $1,000,000) then the prize is divided up as follows:

1) Rocket-68 gets 50% ... hey, I am making the game day thread and I purchased the ticket

2) The balance gets split amongst the people that post in the game day thread that I created - on a per share/post basis. So the more you post then if we hit the greater your share is.

3) Disqualification rule - if you are the type that will take advantage and start posting each letter of the alphabet then you will be disqualified. First why be ruin the forum to the rest and second don't you want a chance at winning some serious coin? I, Rocket-68, will be the sole arbitrator of who gets disqualified for being a knob - if there is one of course.

4) Example ... the ticket wins $1,000,000 and there were 4 people that posted as follows (other than me) ... Person A - 5 posts, Person B - 3 posts, Person C & D - 1 post each. Then Person A gets $250,000, Person B gets $150,000 and each of Person C & D get $50,000.

Game 2 - Predict the Score

I have purchased another ticket for Saturday's Lotto 649 and here it is

image.png.e9be08b42887c3a5ede63cbf534d8588.png

In the unlikely event we again hit on this ticket, (i.e., at least $1,000,000 main prize),  then the splits are as follows:

1) Rocket-68 (me) gets 50%

2) The rest is split evenly against the people that predicted the correct score ... do I even need an example? I think not.

Now, in the unlikely event I am flying to Vegas with my share of the winnings, the others can only be validated by the mods here. So in that happy event, will lean on @Vintage Canuck @OldFaithfulCap etc. and whomever else is needed to ensure that the right person gets a slice of the pie.

This is just for fun and I hope it will add a bit of excitement to the posting on this Game Day Thread and get fans something else to cheer about other than Miller laying a beatdown on the RAT.

Fantastic GDT!  Congratulations.

It put a great big PERMAGRIN on my face.

Thank you very much.

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2