The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Rangers trade Vitali Kravtsov to Canucks for William Lockwood, 2026 7th-round pick

I really loved Lockwood's physical game. Was always rooting for him. But Kravtsov is 6'3, a former Top 10, still young ... interested to see how he fits with the other Russians here. Maybe Gonchar or the others have an inside scoop on this guy they like.

Curious, though, why he hadn't lived up to bring a #9 pick. 

• Cheers 4

Just now, BCNate said:

Love this deal.  He is going to get a real chance here.  We need bigger wingers with skill,  checks that for sure.  This is a no lose deal with crazy high upside for us.

I don't really have an issue with the trade, but do.yiu think VK plays a more physical game than WL?

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

A month ago our centre prospect depth consisted of: ?

A week ago our centre prospect depth consisted of: Raty and ?

No our centre prospect depth consists of: Raty and Kravtsov.  

I have been very critical of this group but they have started to rebuild one of the areas where we were lacking terribly. Have done nothing to address the other yet but a college UFA is going to change that soon. :bigblush:
I think they overall have done a good job since Miller was signed. Don’t like the Stillman deal but the Bear deal was good piece of work, Bo got a good deal that I wish they hadn’t backed themselves into and this is a nice trade today. 
I hope the rest of the deadline continues this trend and please, please, please don’t draft any small wingers on the first round this year. 

Not sure why you have Kravtsov as a C. He's taken 5 faceoffs in his NHL career and lost all of them.

• Haha 2