The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Predators trade Nino Niederreiter to Jets for 2024 2nd-round pick

11 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Agreed. I won’t be upset if he gets a chance to get his game back as a Canuck next year… 

there is a world he’s moved in the summer or we give him a summer and a healthy camp chance I could see that.

• Cheers 1

Not gonna lie, the worst part of this trade is that I realized today that Nino is already 30 years old which makes me feel old because back when I lived in LA I was at the draft at Staples Center where he was drafted and I can’t handle that’s it’s been so many years and everyone I saw drafted that day is basically heading into the twilight of their career in the next few years. 

I’ll still never forget sitting there patiently waiting for us to draft at pick 25 only for it to be announced that we traded for Keith Ballard with our pick. Man I can’t believe that was so many years ago. I remember all of it like it was just yesterday. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

Not gonna lie, the worst part of this trade is that I realized today that Nino is already 30 years old which makes me feel old because back when I lived in LA I was at the draft at Staples Center where he was drafted and I can’t handle that’s it’s been so many years and everyone I saw drafted that day is basically heading into the twilight of their career in the next few years. 

I’ll still never forget sitting there patiently waiting for us to draft at pick 25 only for it to be announced that we traded for Keith Ballard with our pick. Man I can’t believe that was so many years ago. I remember all of it like it was just yesterday. 

I realized I was old when I was making an NHL player of myself and realized I can't make a prospect version anymore cause I am too old to develop. I been too old to be a develop-able prospect in the games for like 5 years now. That broke my heart, ngl. But yeah, I remember Nino's draft year. I was super excited about him. Now I realize he's down the last stretch of his career and my age starts to become apparent again.

I am literally Joey Tribbiani from Friends. "Why God, why? We had a deal. Let the others grow old, not me."

• Huggy Bear 1

16 hours ago, R3aL said:

It would just be so sad to get only cap space as a return for boeser hard to accept for me 

Not me. I knew this was a crap signing. Was happy for Brock but I always saw us trading him. Just didn't think he would suck so much, and the climate for players would still be so bad.