The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vitali Kravtsov | #91 | RW

-AJ-

1 hour ago, FlyLow_ said:

Don't love it. We have enough soft wingers and shit attitudes on the team. This kid flat out refuses to play in the AHL which is where he belongs.

Yeah, he's got a primadonna, entitled attitude, seemingly. He's definitely not NHL ready. He's been rushed and it shows on the stats. This is why he's only worth a Lockwood and a 7th. NYR fans have been saying that their team sucks ass with developing players. Kravtsov is one of these examples.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johngould21 said:

So far how are these college kids working out? Lockwood is the latest that hasn't caught on to a full time gig in the bigs.

I think that there was a large swing in favour of the NCAA players that might've overshot their actual value.  

NCAA players weren't getting their due in the early 2000s...  but now it's even better respected then juniors. 

20 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Yeah, he's got a primadonna, entitled attitude, seemingly. He's definitely not NHL ready. He's been rushed and it shows on the stats. This is why he's only worth a Lockwood and a 7th. NYR fans have been saying that their team sucks ass with developing players. Kravtsov is one of these examples.

@FlyLow_ 

Certainly don't like it, but let's hope that Vitali the kid, matured as he just turned 23 now.  

I wasn't even doing my own laundry at 19.  

Big gamble but he's Boeser-lite, a soft skinny perimeter player who has some skill but almost no grit or drive. I think the fans are going to hate him when they watch him float out there but I'm all for giving him a second chance. He's the opposite of a Tocchet player so will be interesting to see what Rick does - usually he'd scratch a guy like him but surely there'll be management pressure to play him in our top 6.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

So his experiance is similar to Dahlen. :bigblush:
Utica or AHL with Cull as coach was also bad at developing.

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Big gamble but he's Boeser-lite, a soft skinny perimeter player who has some skill but almost no grit or drive. I think the fans are going to hate him when they watch him float out there but I'm all for giving him a second chance. He's the opposite of a Tocchet player so will be interesting to see what Rick does - usually he'd scratch a guy like him but surely there'll be management pressure to play him in our top 6.

Think of it as top 9 going forward.

To squeese in all our top 6 forwards is impossible. We must have a top 9. 

CDC Guide to Reacting to a Trade

1. Thank God we made a trade.

2. Who did we get?

3. Is that all?

4. We were idiots to give up a draft pick?

5. That draft pick will turn out to be a journeyman fourth liner who would look good in a Canucks jersey.

6. The new guy has great scouting reports.

7 Fans of his former team think he's a bust.

8. Yeah, he'll probably fail and again it will show how stupid Benning was.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

• -AJ- changed the title to Vitali Kravtsov | #91 | RW
19 hours ago, Provost said:

It refers to his draft position.  It is a correct usage of the word.

• the background or history of a person or thing, especially as conferringdistinction or quality.
    "the scheme has a long pedigree"

Knowing The More You Know GIF by Joey Bada$$

where did you find that Scheme quote

Webster mentions ancestry or bloodline in all of their examples

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=703778336807195

12 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

That's a pretty grim outlook. Kravtsov might do well under Tocchet and playing with the right players. 

3 hours ago, lmm said:

where did you find that Scheme quote

Webster mentions ancestry or bloodline in all of their examples

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=703778336807195

Literally from the first result on a Google search that pulls from Oxford dictionary.... plus everywhere else.

Even Webster has it as one of the definitions of the word.  If you keep running into situations where you are calling several people out for being wrong, maybe do more than the briefest cursory look and consider that you may be the one who is actually wrong?

a register recording a line of ancestors
The pedigree traces the family back to the 18th century.
2aan ancestral line LINEAGE
That horse has an impressive pedigree.
b
the origin and the history of something
Democracy's pedigree stretches back to ancient Greece.
broadly BACKGROUNDHISTORY 
3a
a distinguished ancestry
actions spoke louder than pedigrees in the trenchesDixon Wecter
b
the recorded purity of breed of an individual or strain
vouch for a horse's pedigree

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pedigree?utm_campaign=sd&utm_medium=serp&utm_source=jsonld

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/pedigree

• Cheers 1

Contrary to the stereotype, I think our Russian players are some of the hardest working on the team. Given the language and cultural affinity with such players, I can't help but think this was a perfect reclamation project to take on. 

I liked Lockwood, but we needed more from him than just flying around with some hits. All players in your lineup need to have reasonably high skill, so it looks like a low risk high reward gamble to me.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Literally from the first result on a Google search that pulls from Oxford dictionary.... plus everywhere else.

Even Webster has it as one of the definitions of the word.  If you keep running into situations where you are calling several people out for being wrong, maybe do more than the briefest cursory look and consider that you may be the one who is actually wrong?

a register recording a line of ancestors
The pedigree traces the family back to the 18th century.
2aan ancestral line LINEAGE
That horse has an impressive pedigree.
b
the origin and the history of something
Democracy's pedigree stretches back to ancient Greece.
broadly BACKGROUNDHISTORY 
3a
a distinguished ancestry
actions spoke louder than pedigrees in the trenchesDixon Wecter
b
the recorded purity of breed of an individual or strain
vouch for a horse's pedigree

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pedigree?utm_campaign=sd&utm_medium=serp&utm_source=jsonld

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/pedigree

and how does any of that relate to Krvatsov?

10 minutes ago, lmm said:

and how does any of that relate to Krvatsov?

His background and history as a former high first round pick....  Literally a remarkably common usage when people talk about high draft picks and how they are of a higher breed of player.  

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 2:47 PM, lmm said:

I've seen 3 posters say pedigree

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pedigree#:~:text=%3A a table or list showing,breed recorded by a pedigree

I don't see that that is the appropriate use of the word

Do Jake and Oli have pedigree as well?

Yup. Jake and OJ has good draft pedigree.  That’s why they kept getting chances even though they really didn’t deserve them. Kravtsov has similar draft pedigree. He will get chances because of it. Usually the high draft picks have some kind of skill set that predicts they will have NHL success. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Provost said:

His background and history as a former high first round pick....  Literally a remarkably common usage when people talk about high draft picks and how they are of a higher breed of player.  

so common in fact that 3 of you used the same term

If i were talking about pedigree, I would be talking about Mark Howe or Brett Hull 

Brett Hull had Pedigree even though he was a 5th round pick

So you are saying that Jake V has pedigree?

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Jake and OJ has good draft pedigree.  That’s why they kept getting chances even though they really didn’t deserve them. Kravtsov has similar draft pedigree. He will get chances because of it. Usually the high draft picks have some kind of skill set that predicts they will have NHL success. 

can't tell if your drunk or just pulling my chain

So, who signs Jake next based on his pedigree

9 minutes ago, lmm said:

can't tell if your drunk or just pulling my chain

So, who signs Jake next based on his pedigree

How many chances did Jake get (like a lot of high picks) that he didn’t deserve? 

Look at the guy. The Oilers even gave him a PTO this September. 

I’ll assume the “are you drunk” question is rhetorical. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2b6124c512bd6cb6852eeb7af8f1256b.jpeg

Edited by Alflives