The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vitali Kravtsov | #91 | RW

-AJ-

I am excited to see how his game progresses. I think he needs to add strength, confidence, and muscle memory to be a more complete hockey player. Im hope full our coaches and training staff can help him out. If he accomplishes these things he could be an elite scoring winger 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Kravy got game...

Yeah. Seems like him and Podz could really blossom together. 

Add in Kuzmenko, and these guys are going to find their magic. It might

not be immediate, but, it's a matter of time and confidence. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

Yeah. Seems like him and Podz could really blossom together. 

Add in Kuzmenko, and these guys are going to find their magic. It might

not be immediate, but, it's a matter of time and confidence. 

I am all for us becoming the next team of Russians like Washington has been. If the KHL collapses, I can only see it giving us an advantage on getting good players.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

Can't really get a full read on his overall hockey sense or his drive, but the kid smooth as silk. Pretty incredible puck skills. 

This could still be a sneaky good pick up for us.

Obviously we're all skeptical that this could be another Goldobin - but a 6'3 Russian with Krav's hands is a player worth taking a chance on. 

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, nergish said:

Can't really get a full read on his overall hockey sense or his drive, but the kid smooth as silk. Pretty incredible puck skills. 

This could still be a sneaky good pick up for us.

Obviously we're all skeptical that this could be another Goldobin - but a 6'3 Russian with Krav's hands is a player worth taking a chance on. 

Yah.... I hope he works out because as you said, Goldy also had high end skill.  However, from first couple games, he looks to me like a even more skilled, higher IQ version of goldy.  It will come down to his will and conditioning.  Hopefully doesn't turn into a tease like goldy did.

Best thing I observed in last night's game was he was willing to get in the face of the opponents after the whistle.  Too many Canucks have been just skating away.  Time to stop receiving the cheap shots after the whistle and give some back.  Also, loved Burroughs.

3 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Yah.... I hope he works out because as you said, Goldy also had high end skill.  However, from first couple games, he looks to me like a even more skilled, higher IQ version of goldy.  It will come down to his will and conditioning.  Hopefully doesn't turn into a tease like goldy did.

Goldobin was also at the end of round 1, in between 2 infamous draft picks in Scherbak and Ho-Sang no less, when he was drafted and, while draft position isn't always the end all of where a player ends up obviously, it does at least give some insight on likely being less expectations on Goldobin than Kravtsov overall.

(Random thought: that was quite the run on sentence on my part)

Edited by The Lock

16 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Good game from Kravtzov last night, and not just the assist to Boesser.  Several smart plays and a bit of grit too.  Maybe he's a "wall guy" after all!  Lots of chemistry with Podkolzin and Dries:  that was a good line for us last night.

I think Podz is a good influence on him.. Great call by Tocchet playing them together.  Hopefully it's not just a 'honeymoon phase' scenario though, and he actually builds on his good start.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far as I've noticed, Krav's positioning is pretty sound. He seems to get himself in areas where he can make a good pass or get a good shot off. I agree that he seems pressured to show what he's capable of to those that took him on. That'll pass I'm sure and it's only a matter of time before he garners points from his play. 

I'm sure it helps having fellow comrades on the team. Gonch is gravy. Having him as a D coach is a huge plus. It helps that he's Russian as well.

3 hours ago, Makaramel MacKhiato said:

Guy is just the 2nd coming of Valeri Nichuskin... except Kravstov was taken 1 spot higher... 

If Kravtsov can become the second coming of Nichuskin and Podkolzin can become the second coming of Dustin Brown they would make one heck if a 2nd line (or even good complementary 1st line wingers). Nichuskin took quite a while to get to where he is now though so let's hope Kravtsov develops a little bit faster.