The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vitali Kravtsov | #91 | RW

-AJ-

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

A guy who was never going to make our team and a 7th round pick is the literal definition of a nothing burger. 

He played 28 games for the Canucks. The number of games someone plays, that does not make the team is zero.

There was also a 7th round pick- not a 16 round pick- which because it doesn't exist, would be nothing.

So not 'nothing'

It wasn't a big loss, but it was a loss.

A dime here, a nickel there, and before you know we are talking real money.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Had high hopes for him on our team. JR/PA took a chance, but ultimately, the player failed. Canucks didn't lose much in the trade, so, moving on.

Kravtsov couldn't cut the mustard in NA. Not that surprised. Not every high draft pick is cut out for the best league in the world. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

A guy who was never going to make our team and a 7th round pick is the literal definition of a nothing burger. 

It the ketchup that dripped out onto the plate. You just don't worry about it.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

He played 28 games for the Canucks. The number of games someone plays, that does not make the team is zero.

There was also a 7th round pick- not a 16 round pick- which because it doesn't exist, would be nothing.

So not 'nothing'

It wasn't a big loss, but it was a loss.

A dime here, a nickel there, and before you know we are talking real money.

No, it’s a nothingburger. Period. 

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

8 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Still a Draft Pick and a prospect that could be thrown in as icing on the cake on some other deal or used to fill a spot on the farm - instead of being TOTALY wasted.  If it was good enough to trade for a bad 1st rounder it might have possibly been used for a mediocre 2nd rounder or better 3rd or 4th rounder.    Every asset should be maximized  - not squandered - that's how this team got in the rut it's in with fish-bowl thinking like that !

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Still a Draft Pick and a prospect that could be thrown in as icing on the cake on some other deal or used to fill a spot on the farm - instead of being TOTALY wasted.  If it was good enough to trade for a bad 1st rounder it might have possibly been used for a mediocre 2nd rounder or better 3rd or 4th rounder.    Every asset should be maximized  - not squandered - that's how this team got in the rut it's in with fish-bowl thinking like that !

We suck cause we traded a 7th round pick :lol::picard: Yeah, definitely not making a mountain out of a molehill :rolleyes:

• Wat 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

We suck cause we traded a 7th round pick :lol::picard: Yeah, definitely not making a mountain out of a molehill :rolleyes:

Nobody has said we suck because of the loss of Lockwood and a 7th.

But here you are overdramatizing, and building your own mountain.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

There were expectations with Kravdinner, he was a former high draft pick, has size and speed and skills. He should've been really good.

For me, it's just disappointment in the player and makes me more skeptical with drafting Russians.  

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

Nobody has said we suck because of the loss of Lockwood and a 7th.

But here you are overdramatizing, and building your own mountain.

When you say this type of thinking is why we're in a rut as captain pessimist did, yes you are implying that. 

• Wat 1

• 2 months later...

So basically no more Kravtsov in a Canucks uniform? The dude signs 2 years in the KHL just in time to make him an UFA - he hates the Canucks that badly? lol. 

Well this got embarrassing quickly for the "oh my god, he was a #9 pick, hes going to be a gem" bandwagon group. 

Edited by Drakrami

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

So basically no more Kravtsov in a Canucks uniform? The dude signs 2 years in the KHL just in time to make him an UFA - he hates the Canucks that badly? lol. 

Well this got embarrassing quickly for the "oh my god, he was a #9 pick, hes going to be a gem" bandwagon group. 

He'll still be an RFA after his 2 year contract is over and will be Canucks property...

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

This orc voluntarily went to the biggest $#!+hole on the planet to avoid signing with the Canucks.  He's gone.

I will never fault a young player for doing what they think is best for their career even if I don't agree with it, much less call them an orc for doing so. 

52 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

tbh it was either AHL or KHL for him, he does what he thinks is best for him and he needs to develop quite a bit more to be an NHL player....maybe he can take those steps in the KHL? 

A few years ago, I might've agreed, but even if it's home, it's hard to believe that a league that has a war-torn country as it's home is a good league to play in right now.

15 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

A few years ago, I might've agreed, but even if it's home, it's hard to believe that a league that has a war-torn country as it's home is a good league to play in right now.

The pay is most likely way better, and he gets icetime with a team on a top 6 line. Russia is big...and i doubt its war torn due to skirmishes, ukraine and close by is another story. Russsians gets pumped with "their side of the story" from the media so maybe hes pro russian politics also.....maybe he misses russian socials and friends? personally i find it horrible whenever i read abt swedish hockeyplayers still playing in the KHL by free will also..but as mentioned, money talks.