The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

Much better defensively from the Canucks. The defence managed that game quite well. Rarely were they chasing the puck and getting dragged out of position.

I also thought the transition from defence and through the neutral zone was quicker and cleaner than its been over the course of the year 

Great result for the tank but better signs for next year...admittedly we are still about 3 new defenders away from being a threat but maybe a SYSTEM IS FINALLY BEING ADDRESSED

Yeah, plus we did it with 5 d-men as we lost Bear for 59 out of 60 minutes. 

Definitely need to start cycling in some d-men next year. Filip Johansson, Jacob Truscott, and an NCAA free agent are my picks. 

Like someone said, character loss. Silovs was really good. Thought Podz played really well the second half of the game. Hughes was a master controlling thepuck on in our end, so smooth and doen't panic. I thought. Petey had some good chances but thought he looked like he was fighting the puck tonight. Maybe trying too hard? Like Wolanin's game, not flashy but quietly steady. Felt bad for Raty on the too many men. It;s a learning process. Hope RT isn't too hard on him. Tank on!

Just now, grandmaster said:

About the positives….

1) Tank, CBJ and Ducks win

2) Brock scores and Garland assists, adding to their trade value 

3) Silovs looks great 

4) kept the best team in the NHL to just 2 goals an an empty netter 

Unfortunately, the Habs and Flyers both lost....

Still, after a 7-0 shutout, I'll bet that presser with Torts is "must see" TV....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah, plus we did it with 5 d-men as we lost Bear for 59 out of 60 minutes. 

Definitely need to start cycling in some d-men next year. Filip Johansson, Jacob Truscott, and an NCAA free agent are my picks. 

Yes we need to stockpile on d ahl and nhl potential we have a decent forward group/depth need more D

Edited by Cromeslab

I really think the team took some small bites this game. No free pizza giveaways, Meyers was not noticed playing goal or making snow angels and some offensive pressure late in the game on the Bruins. Silovs provided some Nhl goaltending. Definitely some small bites people 

• elephant 2

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Not that I really care about the Canucks winning right now, but how was there no hooking on Hughes and a trip on Pettersson?  They were so obvious.

Refs put whistles in thier pockets the last 5 Minutes...for both teams. I have no problem with that. Thought they refed a good game.

• Wat 1

This is an honest question - I'm not trying to rip anyone, but does it seem that Pettersson puts up disproportionately many points against bad teams, and disproportionately few points against bad teams? I know that every player naturally scores points against bad teams, but does Pettersson take it to a bit more of the extreme? Again, this is an honest question, and I'd be curious to see a breakdown of which teams his points have come against. I don't know how to parse that data though.

2 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

I really think the team took some small bites this game. No free pizza giveaways, Meyers was not noticed playing goal or making snow angels and some offensive pressure late in the game on the Bruins. Silovs provided some Nhl goaltending. Definitely some small bites people 

Boeser served Ullmark the biggest pizza he’ll ever have

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Will be quite enjoyable watching the Bruins choke in the first round.

I wish I could share your optimism...  Given how this season has gone, I fully expect to see it capped off by Marchand lifting his second cup.

1 minute ago, Moe Knows said:

Refs put whistles in thier pockets the last 5 Minutes...for both teams. I have no problem with that. Thought they refed a good game.

How do we know that?  I didn't see any infractions from the Canucks side that should have blatantly been called to verify the fact it was done for BOTH teams.  Can you think of a moment?

The perfect Tank. Play from behind, play harder in the 2nd and 3rd but no overtime points. At least it was a decent game to watch even though the Bruins clearly had put their foot off the gas after being up 2-0.

1st time in Bruins history that a goalie scored a goal? That can't be true?!

More games like these - good efforts but keep the tank moving

( On my birthday no less! )

• Tanks a lot 1

1 minute ago, dougieL said:

This is an honest question - I'm not trying to rip anyone, but does it seem that Pettersson puts up disproportionately many points against bad teams, and disproportionately few points against bad teams? I know that every player naturally scores points against bad teams, but does Pettersson take it to a bit more of the extreme? Again, this is an honest question, and I'd be curious to see a breakdown of which teams his points have come against. I don't know how to parse that data though.

He easily could have had a couple points tonight if the Canucks could finish off his great passes. He looked fine to me.

• Thanks 2
  • Huggy Bear 1