The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Pretty entertaining game. Canucks hung tight with best team in the league. No issues with it, and we got a bit closer to Bedard. 
I hope next weekend we hurt a few Leafs, impacting their post season chances. I’d take that over a win.

Just now, HKSR said:

How do we know that?  I didn't see any infractions from the Canucks side that should have blatantly been called to verify the fact it was done for BOTH teams.  Can you think of a moment?

There were a couple but can't give you specifics...I'm old!. You have a problem with the way the game was called? I don't. I got my opinion u got yours. all is good.

6 minutes ago, dougieL said:

This is an honest question - I'm not trying to rip anyone, but does it seem that Pettersson puts up disproportionately many points against bad teams, and disproportionately few points against bad teams? I know that every player naturally scores points against bad teams, but does Pettersson take it to a bit more of the extreme? Again, this is an honest question, and I'd be curious to see a breakdown of which teams his points have come against. I don't know how to parse that data though.

Well, he's over a PPG in the playoffs. Make of that what you will. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Pretty entertaining game. Canucks hung tight with best team in the league. No issues with it, and we got a bit closer to Bedard. 
I hope next weekend we hurt a few Leafs, impacting their post season chances. I’d take that over a win.

I just hope this doesn’t give the team belief that they can hang with the best teams, if they start believing it’s last year all over again. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Losing with the way they're playing is absolutely fine by me.  We don't have the roster to compete against the top teams right now, so all we can hope for is a solid effort and work on the details of the game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Will be quite enjoyable watching the Bruins choke in the first round. 

Not sure the wildcard teams can do it in the east.

Maybe the Islanders. They beat the Bruins in the 2nd round in 2021.

Islanders might not make to the show though. They have the type of roster good in playoff hockey but average during the regular season and lost Barzal for a few weeks at least.