The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's sadly and horrifyingly becoming increasingly clear that the Oilers are the western favourites, probably even cup favourites

Rate this topic

lol the 2nd worse goal against team that's in the playoff is the favorite?? them and LA goals against is not even close to any other team lol.. literally the worse defensive team and goaltending duo of any possible team in the playoff. i take my bet dallas and vegas to pound them to a pulp or colorado to skate circles around their defence.. the only reason they'll even get out of the first round is the current playoff format tbh is trash.. they get to play LA in first round.. i don't like the current playoff format where it benefits teams in weak division to have a easy path to the conference final.

How about this? They will have a crack at things in the playoffs. (if I need to be any more captain obvious than the world's probably getting warped in ways unimaginable)

Contender on the other hand... the only reason I could see this happening is because of a weakness of the west compared with the east. I'll be really surprised if a western team wins the stanley cup this year, period.

Edited by The Lock

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol the 2nd worse goal against team that's in the playoff is the favorite?? them and LA goals against is not even close to any other team lol.. literally the worse defensive team and goaltending duo of any possible team in the playoff. i take my bet dallas and vegas to pound them to a pulp or colorado to skate circles around their defence.. the only reason they'll even get out of the first round is the current playoff format tbh is trash.. they get to play LA in first round.. i don't like the current playoff format where it benefits teams in weak division to have a easy path to the conference final.

LA still has an actual NHL quality blueline and has veteran leadership.  All they have to do is hit McDiver every chance they get so he gets intimidated and starts concentrating on flopping and throwing tantrums when the refs don't fall for it.  If Edmonton is lucky enough to make the playoffs, their opponent will be happy to not have tgo play against a men's team until the second round.

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

I’m of two minds. Happy and relieved that the Bruins defeated the Oilers tonight but the fact that it was just a 1-goal nail biter solidifies my fear of how Boston would do against the Oilers in a best of seven. It was an Oilers home game though so the fact that they lost even that is pretty sweet!

Edited by CanucksFan8353

25 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

LA still has an actual NHL quality blueline and has veteran leadership.  All they have to do is hit McDiver every chance they get so he gets intimidated and starts concentrating on flopping and throwing tantrums when the refs don't fall for it.  If Edmonton is lucky enough to make the playoffs, their opponent will be happy to not have tgo play against a men's team until the second round.

Soilers lost to a tired Boston club tonight. McWhiner Baby scored #50 but played no defence. 

On 2/27/2023 at 8:41 PM, CanucksFan8353 said:

I’m of two minds. Happy and relieved that the Bruins defeated the Oilers tonight but the fact that it was just a 1-goal nail biter solidifies my fear of how Boston would do against the Oilers in a best of seven. It was an Oilers home game though so the fact that they lost even that is pretty sweet!

You can't base a playoffs off of a regular season game. Edmonton would need to show intensity and momentum as well as not get injured for things to happen. If you think a regular season game's going to show this well then I have some marshland to sell you.

I think either you're trolling people who hate Edmonton here or you are focused on the wrong things (or just trying to justify making thread in the 1st place). Only the playoffs will be able to tell whether you are right or wrong. Until then, I see no point in worrying about it. I say chill dude. :)

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

On 3/1/2023 at 1:27 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Ponders if CanucksFan8353 is really an Oiler fan in disguise?

Actually, tbh, my issue is that a huge Oilers fan literally tried to destroy my and my family’s life, and almost succeeded. Like the stress of what he did literally caused a disease in my family. So, any hint of them doing well triggers me. He also despised the Canucks and made that quite clear.  Little did I know the only thing he hated more than the Canucks was me!

Edited by CanucksFan8353
  • Cheers 2

I don’t think Edmonton is winning the Cup.  Need a lot of depth in the playoffs and teams can game plan around weakening and tiring out McDavid over a 7 game series.  Literally every chance you get to cross check, slash, lean on, etc.  He could be a wreck by the finals.

16 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don’t think Edmonton is winning the Cup.  Need a lot of depth in the playoffs and teams can game plan around weakening and tiring out McDavid over a 7 game series.  Literally every chance you get to cross check, slash, lean on, etc.  He could be a wreck by the finals.

I don't think Edmonton will win the cup either; however, the Draisatl line is going to be just as much of a threat and would also need to be taken care of. Whatever team's against Edmonton will need to have the depth to be able to handle both. That being said, there are teams out there that can do this, but I also think this mitigates some of that wear and tear that you are describing as it's not just the McDavid line to worry about.

Also, Edmonton still sucks defensively, so that's probably the biggest concern anyway. lol