The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manifesting the First Overall Pick

Rate this topic

UFCanuck

20 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Manifest me winning the Lotto Max.

Thx.

Heck let's to the power balls in the US.   All we need is maybe 5-7 of them (got to pay tax),  as a group we can give Aquaman an offer he can't refuse and buy the team.    

• Haha 1

Prayers, faith, belief, visualization, witches brew, voodoo sacrifice.......whatever it takes, huh. 

Let's make it happen!

Tapping glass slippers, "There's no place like 1st! There's no place like 1st! There's no place like 1st!"

Go Canucks Go!

On 2/27/2023 at 5:01 AM, Bob.Loblaw said:

We've been waiting longer for a cup - why not manifest that instead

Nothing wrong with dreaming though, halfway through it always turns into a nightmare but meh.. same ole 

Edited by iceman64

On 2/28/2023 at 4:21 AM, IBatch said:

Heck let's to the power balls in the US.   All we need is maybe 5-7 of them (got to pay tax),  as a group we can give Aquaman an offer he can't refuse and buy the team.    

Why? Have a habit of throwing away money on useless stuff?!

Or for once can someone actually say screw what the fans want, how about we actually BUILD a team that contends for a cup every year instead of a one and done? That would be new...

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Beauvillier

Podkolzin - Bedard - Lekkerimaki

Bloom - Raty - Kravtsov

Klimovich

Hughes

Pettersson - Hronek

Bear - Johansson

Jurmo - Woo

Demko/Silovs

Harry Houdini himself can't make both Myers *AND* OEL disappearing.:lol:

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, UFCanuck said:

No Doubt

9D3B4BE6-EED3-4FBD-A07C-D32366D2FDA8.jpeg

As usual, and right on cue.    The canucks finally decided to start trying in the dying weeks of the season and here we are today - barely with a shot for Bedard and we're still going to miss the playoffs.    This happens every year like clockwork! 

Edited by RU SERIOUS

My worry, is that if we ever won the first overall pick, that PA would be tempted to pick another puny, fragile 145 lb. Swedish winger from the "motherland", that ends up with 3 goals in the Swe-1 league, two concussions, a broken leg and a failed season like Lekkerimaki.  Hopefully someone else makes the decision this time instead of our biased rookie GM.

• Wat 2

29 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

My worry, is that if we ever won the first overall pick, that PA would be tempted to pick another puny, fragile 145 lb. Swedish winger from the "motherland", that ends up with 3 goals in the Swe-1 league, two concussions, a broken leg and a failed season like Lekkerimaki.  Hopefully someone else makes the decision this time instead of our biased rookie GM.

Sounds like a bust! Like former first overall Swedes - Rasmus Dahlin and Mats Sundin?

Edited by nergish
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, nergish said:

Sounds like a bust! Like former first overall Swedes - Rasmus Dahlin and Mats Sundin?

I hope he turns it around - but at this point - looks like another Canucks 1st Rd. pick gone south but I can't say I'm surprised given that it was a completely inexperienced, rookie GM (Alvin) who made this decision .    The same guy responsible for the StillMan Fiasco!  

Maybe it's a good thing that JR threw away one of this years 1st Rd. picks and our high 2nd Rd. pick on that injured - unserviceable, Detroit kid (HornWreck) instead of leaving them in place for Alvin to waste on another couple of fragile swedish finesse players.