The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manifesting the First Overall Pick

Rate this topic

UFCanuck

52 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I hope he turns it around - but at this point - looks like another Canucks 1st Rd. pick gone south but I can't say I'm surprised given that it was a completely inexperienced, rookie GM (Alvin) who made this decision .    The same guy responsible for the StillMan Fiasco!  

Maybe it's a good thing that JR threw away one of this years 1st Rd. picks and our high 2nd Rd. pick on that injured - unserviceable, Detroit kid (HornWreck) instead of leaving them in place for Alvin to waste on another couple of fragile swedish finesse players.

Every team has a list of high draft picks that never worked out. Here's a couple Patrick Stefan Atlanta, Diepietro Isles, Yakupov OIlers, Daigle Ottawa seems lke every team has at least one 

• Cheers 2

21 hours ago, DSVII said:

Anyone but the Shithawks for Bedard. That's all I ask.

Well, I'll add four to the list:

Calgary - very low odds, but that would absolutely suck.  In fact, I would hate to see them get a top 3

Anaheim - we know Bettman loves his big American cities

Arizona - too much talent for a team buried in the desert with few people who care about them

Columbus - not much works out for players on that team.....ever.

I'm wondering whether Montreal will get a top 2 pick this year.  Would be amazing if we actually got the #1 draft pick for once in this franchise's history, but man the second pick would be sweet too.  If not the top 2, I just hope we get some size, speed and some D presence.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer

Have a feeling it will go to Chicago. Bettman has a fetish for certain teams(NYR, CHI, TOR, ARI, BOS, PIT, etc). With the number of times those teams has gotten an outdoor game, how the League handled the scandal, and with Kane/Toews(soon to be) gone. CHI will need someone to attract fans to the seats and merchandise. 

Cancuks are now officially in Bedard sweepstakes no matter what happens after the sens won today. We can't go lower than 11th which means we would still have a chance to get Bedard lol. 12th place would have 0 percent 

On 4/10/2023 at 7:09 PM, DefCon1 said:

Cancuks are now officially in Bedard sweepstakes no matter what happens after the sens won today. We can't go lower than 11th which means we would still have a chance to get Bedard lol. 12th place would have 0 percent 

What were the Sens thinking winning an utterly pointless game? :lol:

On 4/6/2023 at 3:08 PM, Fred65 said:

Every team has a list of high draft picks that never worked out. Here's a couple Patrick Stefan Atlanta, Diepietro Isles, Yakupov OIlers, Daigle Ottawa seems lke every team has at least one 

How about Chicago taking Skille 7th and Barker 3rd before getting Toews 3rd and Kane 1st. :lol:

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sims said:

My last dreams had the Canucks with the 1oa pick. We are definitely picking top 2!! No doubt about this! 

After + 50 years it is time for a little bit of Canuck luck. Unlike the roulette wheel the Canuck ball will pop up!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

After + 50 years it is time for a little bit of Canuck luck. Unlike the roulette wheel the Canuck ball will pop up!

That was suck shitty luck, but them it didn't help Buffalo that much either. Think the Canucks have more cup finals than them. But yes I agree it is time and a cup by 2025

Honestly even Fantilli would be massive, you just wonder who will be our 1C in a couple of years. Surely Fantilli is a future 80-100pt scorer and by the time he's ready, Miller will regress to a 3C role. 3 of the best centers in the league, the next McDavid-Draisaitl but better defensively. Imagine the PP

Fantilli - Petey - Miller

Kuzmenko - Hughes