The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manifesting the First Overall Pick

Rate this topic

UFCanuck

Alright, with the draft almost here it is time to get serious. We have never had the 1st overall pick but it is time that we finally did so we Conor Bedard can lift his hometown to the promised land. 

Tokitae the Orca is finally on her way back to Vancouver where she hasn't been since the Canucks entered the NHL. The Canucks did not tank the end of the season but kept trying and while logically this was unwise it should please the hockey gods. But I believe we need more. I think we need to give up our past grudges and so we can be free of the past.

So for the rest of this thread please state your long held grudges and set them free so that we can finally get luck and Bedard with our 3%.

My offerings:

1) Bert was wrong: Steve moore was an ass for elbowing naslund but Bertuzzi was completely wrong. Bertuzzi should have bodychecked him all night and even telegraphed and thrown a punch from the front instead. It was a bad act which I've always tried to justify but I give up this grudge.

2) Boston were the better team but the Canucks did their best: I felt cheated by the canucks in the finals. I stopped watching games for a long time after as the canucks seemed liked they'd never score, looked beaten and luongo seemed mentally weak. But the team really gave their all, they just got beaten in the big games.

12 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

Alright, with the draft almost here it is time to get serious. We have never had the 1st overall pick but it is time that we finally did so we Conor Bedard can lift his hometown to the promised land. 

Tokitae the Orca is finally on her way back to Vancouver where she hasn't been since the Canucks entered the NHL. The Canucks did not tank the end of the season but kept trying and while logically this was unwise it should please the hockey gods. But I believe we need more. I think we need to give up our past grudges and so we can be free of the past.

So for the rest of this thread please state your long held grudges and set them free so that we can finally get luck and Bedard with our 3%.

My offerings:

1) Bert was wrong: Steve moore was an ass for elbowing naslund but Bertuzzi was completely wrong. Bertuzzi should have bodychecked him all night and even telegraphed and thrown a punch from the front instead. It was a bad act which I've always tried to justify but I give up this grudge.

2) Boston were the better team but the Canucks did their best: I felt cheated by the canucks in the finals. I stopped watching games for a long time after as the canucks seemed liked they'd never score, looked beaten and luongo seemed mentally weak. But the team really gave their all, they just got beaten in the big games.

Nah, f**k Steve Moore. 

• Cheers 1

Trade the next 4 firsts, 2025, 2026, 2027 and 2028 plus from 3 to 7th in 2024 draft and 3 to 7th in 2025 plus a prospect

Keep this year's first plus the one traded for Bedard.

The 2025 first could be very valuable.

It is not like the firsts have been great for the Canucks the last 8 years, but then Benning was running the show.

But if they are serious about going all in with this group then why not?

If they are right then there will not be any spots open for 4 years anyway.

27 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Could contain: Cartoon, Book, Publication, Cup, Baby, Person

Don't do it. Flames fans tried it last year against Oettinger and look how it turned out for them. It always comes with a cost, the monkey's paw always curls.

• Haha 1