The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Jake McCabe, Sam Lafferty, conditional 2024 5th-round pick, conditional 2025 5th-round pick to Maple Leafs for Joey Anderson, Pavel Gogolev, conditional 2025 1st-round pick, 2026 2nd-round pick

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Too early to call, depends on how far Toronto goes and what Chicago does with the pieces 

Toronto's def all in though 

ROR, McCabe and two depth forwards have to say its the best looking unit they've ever put together even with muezzin out,  outside of their goal tending.

I just don think they can win a cup with their goalies

• Cheers 1

Just now, R3aL said:

ROR, McCabe and two depth forwards have to say its the best looking unit they've ever put together even with muezzin out,  outside of their goal tending.

Adding RoR and acciari go a long way to insulating goaltending.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I hope they don't

But in all honesty, despite them being tied for my least favourite NHL team with Edmonton, I'd be okay with Toronto beating Tampa 

I'm so goddamn tired of Tampa, they've had so much success over the past decade and I'm ready for them to go away and be mediocre or something 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Haha 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

I hope they don't

But in all honesty, despite them being tied for my least favourite NHL team with Edmonton, I'd be okay with Toronto eating Tampa 

I'm so goddamn tired of Tampa, they've had so much success of the past decade and I'm ready for them to go away and be mediocre or something 

Iim okay with Toronto suffering with another first round loss tbh maybe im sick tho... I dont think Tampa goes all the way this year.

Boston seems like the obvious choice but anything can happen.

Despite the terrible teams he's been part of, McCabe is an actual NHL defender - something the Laffs sorely lack unfortunately. 

That said, I feel this is a classic case of TDL player value inflation as you're likely never going to see an NHL GM trade a 1st rounder for a McCabe in the off-season as the main pieces of a deal. 

Just now, Fanuck said:

Despite the terrible teams he's been part of, McCabe is an actual NHL defender - something the Laffs sorely lack unfortunately. 

That said, I feel this is a classic case of TDL player value inflation as you're likely never going to see an NHL GM trade a 1st rounder for a McCabe in the off-season as the main pieces of a deal. 

I agree. I like McCabe

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Too much gives them a tummyache and then it's an hour in the can. 

It's true, and nothing good ever comes of that because they just sit on their phones scrolling through CDC and this always leads to a couple hours of management debating the merits of our proposals and arguments

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Iim okay with Toronto suffering with another first round loss tbh maybe im sick tho... I dont think Tampa goes all the way this year.

Boston seems like the obvious choice but anything can happen.

I won't be upset if Toronto loses, it'd be funny

But please, please, please.. no more Tampa in the goddamn final for a while 

Four straight appearances means I have to root for Vegas or Edmonton or whoever comes out of the West 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

It's true, and nothing good ever comes of that because they just sit on their phones scrolling through CDC and this always leads to a couple hours of management debating the merits of our proposals and arguments

They need more bran. 

• elephant 1