The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Jake McCabe, Sam Lafferty, conditional 2024 5th-round pick, conditional 2025 5th-round pick to Maple Leafs for Joey Anderson, Pavel Gogolev, conditional 2025 1st-round pick, 2026 2nd-round pick

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

One thing is for sure, an eastern team is winning the cup this year.

I remember when Iginla went to Pitts and they were loading up.  Chicago won.  I remember the following year when the east was again loading up and LA won.

We'll see but I have a feeling the cup is staying west again

One thing is for sure, Toronto is probably not doing it.

54 minutes ago, Plaguez said:

They aren't done either, Kane going to bring in even more draft picks. They are going to be up & running through their rebuild before us because they are willing to strip it to the studs while we are checking if any of our moldy insulation can be salvaged.

Chicago.  Anaheim.  San Jose.  Los Angeles.  All will have rebuilt and retooled before us.  While we just need structure.

one thing is for sure, we stand the best chance of being in a division where we face no less than 2 of McDavid and one (or two of) Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson for the next decade 5+ times a season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

The Leafs saw Jeannot to the Bolts and raised them with McCabe and Lafferty. All guys who bring the sandpaper. This has to be the most exciting deadline week I have ever witnessed. 

The volume of picks being moved right now is astonishing considered who they are being traded for.  I am blown away at how many 2024/2025 picks are being traded.  The Misa sweepstakes is going to be a seriously fun watch due to these teams pushing off picks to 2025 without protection

6 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

The Leafs saw Jeannot to the Bolts and raised them with McCabe and Lafferty. All guys who bring the sandpaper. This has to be the most exciting deadline week I have ever witnessed. 

C'mon Tampa, circle back around to Schenn 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The one shipping out a player and getting picks, prospects, ect 

Like we did with Horvat 

Ahhh gotcha, so not like the OEL trade ...