The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Seravelli: “Some smoke around Kerfoot and Vancouver”

Odd.

Murray is due back this week and TO needs a cap dump. Kerfoot and maybe 1 of sandin or lilygren would and should excite Canucks management. Pretty sure Kerfoot has a nmtc on this last year of his contract. Maybe he’s not interested in getting traded is my thoughts.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

He is but I’m saying is Kerfoot really a center for you if he only wins 40% of his FO. It’s the same reason Dickinson wasn’t a viable option for us at Center. If you can’t win draws you may as well line up as a winger.

Screenshot_20230227-190838.thumb.png.4f61ea415a54ea2d24388cdf4a1f5cb7.png

39 minutes ago, tas said:

Yeah Pettersson isn’t very good at FO that’s why when we first got Miller he took the draws and then they switched back to their positions. Obviously doesn’t get that luxury now but it’s his one glaring weakness as a Center. There’s clearly a lot more leeway for a guy that puts up over a point a game also we lack the options. However for a player like Kerfoot who doesn’t put up points or win FO’s that is Dickinson and Pearson to me. Not worth it to bring in another guy that can’t win FO’s.

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Yeah Pettersson isn’t very good at FO that’s why when we first got Miller he took the draws and then they switched back to their positions. Obviously doesn’t get that luxury now but it’s his one glaring weakness as a Center. There’s clearly a lot more leeway for a guy that puts up over a point a game also we lack the options. However for a player like Kerfoot who doesn’t put up points or win FO’s that is Dickinson and Pearson to me. Not worth it to bring in another guy that can’t win FO’s.

Agreed. Much rather target someone like Compher, who is on the same $ now and also a pending UFA. He has more size, better FO%, more points, and is the kind of right handed shutdown style 3C that this team could really use. 

• Like 1

I think it would clearly be Kerfoot just as money coming back to make a deal work.   Not because we are particularly interested in him.  It isn’t impossible we would Re-sign him, but not as the actual impetus for whatever deal.

We are going to have to be taking on expiring money in almost any deal we make.

Schenn for Kerfoot and a really nice pick/prospect is a fine deal.  If the market for Schenn is a late 2nd or 3rd… and you can bump that up to a late 1st by taking back salary this year, that is a no brainer.

The receiving team gets a player they want plus cap space to help make another move.

Edited by Provost

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

I think it would clearly be Kerfoot just as money coming back to make a deal work.   Not because we are particularly interested in him.  It isn’t impossible we would Re-sign him, but not as the actual impetus for whatever deal.

We are going to have to be taking on expiring money in almost any deal we make.

Schenn for Kerfoot and a really nice pick/prospect is a fine deal.  If the market for Schenn is a late 2nd or 3rd… and you can bump that up to a late 1st by taking back salary this year, that is a no brainer.

The receiving team gets a player they want plus cap space to help make another move.

The leafs only have 1 first rounder in the next 3 years... tough ask.

1 hour ago, tas said:

Pettersson struggling at centre is one of the reasons why he did play on the wing for a while. Not sure what your point is with this. Maybe he'll get better at it, which I'm sure he will get better. He's worth the try.

3 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

What’s Jack Eichels faceoff %?

the difference between 43% and 50% 

1.4 won faceoffs per game per 20 draws taken 

Minuscule. I’m not arguing that legit is a great C I’m just saying face off stats under 40% is where you gotta be worried anything 41-43% and above is kinda negligible imo and won’t hurt a team really 

wingers are also. Big part of face off wins *^

Edited by R3aL
  • Like 1

don't mind Kerfoot on an expiring contract if it comes with goodies (Kerfoot + 2 picks (or 1 pick/1 prospect) for Schenn?). Kerfoot and Mikhe were bomb on the PK together in Toronto, so if he'd consider re-signing on a cheap-ish 2 year to come home, could be like some free early bargaining rights to give the Canucks a new look, speedy af PK to start next year.

• Vintage 1

Very unpopular player in Toronto. Was already disliked but when Toronto protected him over McCann it boiled into anger. 

I don’t see Liljegren or Sandin coming back. Perhaps Topi Niemela? 

Therre were rumours of Niemela being a player of interest and he had a major down year. Would be ready to come over next season 

4 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Very unpopular player in Toronto. Was already disliked but when Toronto protected him over McCann it boiled into anger. 

I don’t see Liljegren or Sandin coming back. Perhaps Topi Niemela? 

Therre were rumours of Niemela being a player of interest and he had a major down year. Would be ready to come over next season 

Schenn for Kerfoot , Topi, Minten or

Schenn for Kerfoot, Topi, a 3rd and 5th

Let's go