The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who’s the best prospect on our team?

Rate this topic

Odd.

So a month ago I said Jurmo was our best prospect in the pipeline and although I do still think he’s top 3, after Silovs performances it’s hard not to give him that title. 

For me my top 15 prospect list are as follows:

G Silovs

LHD Jurmo

C Raty

LHD Rathbone

LW/RW McDonough

C/W Karlsson

RW Klimovich

RHD Johansson

RW Lekkerimaki

RHD Woo

LHD Petey

LHD Kudryavtsev 

LW Bloom

C Lockhart

LHD Truscott

We have a plethora of B/C+/C prospects but other than Silovs, we lack high end talent. Lekkerimaki does not excite me at all atm.

Curious to see your guys opinions on our best prospect.

I think people are a bit too critical of Lekkerimaki cause of Petey's SHL success. But when we drafted Lekkerimaki it was always known he was gonna be a massive project. He still has arguably the highest upside of our prospects, except maybe Raty who I am very high on. But it was always known that he likely wouldn't be sniffing the NHL any time soon. I am just low on him cause we didn't need another undersized one way winger. But that doesn't change how talented the kid is. If he isn't a top 5 of our prospects in your eyes, I dunno man. Something ain't right. Either with you or with our management that drafted him 15th overall.

• Cheers 1

Klimovich, hands down, based on his actual success right now in the AHL.

This shouldn't even be a debate. No one else in our system has come even close to what he's achieved, especially at his age. Lekkerimaki has high potential, but he's taken a step back, largely because of his injuries. Raty is only okay, but he's definitely a few steps behind Klimovich.  Silovs is probably the 2nd best prospect.

Everyone else is kind of a toss-up.

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.6bad3b422db758932c901c4362714f7d.png

https://canucksarmy.com/news/elias-pettersson-mobile-defensive-defenceman-canucks-prospect-pool-craves-canucksarmy-prospect-rankings-1

Chris Faber scouts our prospects religiously and this is his list. I trust his take a lot. Raty would likely fit in anywhere above Silovs. Our two first round picks should impact this list quite a bit.

Here's hoping our next best prospect is a future local superstar.

World Juniors Goal GIF by International Ice Hockey Federation

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Klimovich, hands down, based on his actual success right now in the AHL.

This shouldn't even be a debate. No one else in our system has come even close to what he's achieved, especially at his age. Lekkerimaki has high potential, but he's taken a step back, largely because of his injuries. Raty is only okay, but he's definitely a few steps behind Klimovich.  Silovs is probably the 2nd best prospect.

Everyone else is kind of a toss-up.

Klimovich is pretty underrated I think, mostly due to his slow start, but the kid is just 20 years old and already playing pretty well in the AHL. I think it's between him and Silovs as our top prospects.

• Cheers 1

I don't think any of the prospects has really separated themselves as the overarching favorite.

For the best I go with LHD Petey - from accounts I've read he seems to be a solid defender in the Edler-ish mold of being a good puck mover with a solid defensive aptitude.

I go with him because he stands to be the one player who likely will play the most NHL games, others may as well but they all have questions marks or look to be a project of one kind or another.

Edited by GB5
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Odd. said:

So a month ago I said Jurmo was our best prospect in the pipeline and although I do still think he’s top 3, after Silovs performances it’s hard not to give him that title. 

For me my top 15 prospect list are as follows:

G Silovs

LHD Jurmo

C Raty

LHD Rathbone

LW/RW McDonough

C/W Karlsson

RW Klimovich

RHD Johansson

RW Lekkerimaki

RHD Woo

LHD Petey

LHD Kudryavtsev 

LW Bloom

C Lockhart

LHD Truscott

We have a plethora of B/C+/C prospects but other than Silovs, we lack high end talent. Lekkerimaki does not excite me at all atm.

Curious to see your guys opinions on our best prospect.

what about Kravtsov, Podkolzin and Hoglander should we include them?

39 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I don't think any of the prospects has really separated themselves as the overarching favorite.

For the best I go with LHD Petey - from accounts I've read he seems to be a solid defender in the Edler-ish mold of being a good puck mover with a solid defensive aptitude.

I go with him because he stands to be the one player who likely will play the most NHL games, others may as well but they all have questions amrks or look to be a project of one kind or another.

Looking forward to see him get some time in the AHL. I just hope he picks 04 as his # haha

• Haha 1

Honestly, I haven't watched these prospects closely and can only go by the updates I receive from time to time about their progress.

OP, one thing I will say for sure is that I think Re-Petey has to be vying for the top 5. He's done very well so far. I would also not likely have Woo in the top 10. You're right though - we don't have any true high-end prospects, which kinda sucks. I imagine after this year's draft that will change...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1