The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who’s the best prospect on our team?

Rate this topic

Odd.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I never said he was NHL ready. If you scroll up, I said he was closest to being NHL ready than anyone else, and that's it's not even close.

Yeah? And I disagree. I think he has a ton to learn before he's ready for the NHL. I'd vote a couple players more NHL ready in Abby over him.

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

If you actually looked at the list, each of those players in the top four are playing different positions. I agree with his list, but if we're talking about who is the most NHL ready out of them, my point still stands.

I'm very impressed with Elias Pettersson 2.0.  I think he's a fantastic add.

If I actually looked at the list? I did. I follow Faber and read his rankings each day that they dropped. Why must you be so condescending at every chance you get? Do you even notice yourself doing it?  

14 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Klimovich, hands down, based on his actual success right now in the AHL.

This shouldn't even be a debate. No one else in our system has come even close to what he's achieved, especially at his age. Lekkerimaki has high potential, but he's taken a step back, largely because of his injuries. Raty is only okay, but he's definitely a few steps behind Klimovich.  Silovs is probably the 2nd best prospect.

Everyone else is kind of a toss-up.

Klim has/is been my fave dark horse since we got him, I've been so busy lately that hockey has taken a big back seat so I haven't had the time to investigate how he's been doing but awhile ago I did catch wind he was improving but he's been keeping it going as of late? 

I hope so! He has lots of swagger but held back a bit from the transition but had a feeling it wouldn't take him that long to adjust with some time in Abby so this is good news! 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

If I actually looked at the list? I did. I follow Faber and read his rankings each day that they dropped. Why must you be so condescending at every chance you get? Do you even notice yourself doing it?  

You need to improve your reading comprehension.

Edit: I'm in the wrong here.

Edited by Dazzle

36 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You need to improve your reading comprehension.

There is a significant difference in meaning between saying a player is closest to being NHL ready in our system versus someone being NHL ready (which was not what I said at all).

Edit: I don't think you seem to realize that there was no disagreement with what I said and what you said. You just assumed that I was saying he was NHL ready. I never said that at all.

Lol speaking of being condescending...

I knew exactly what you meant. I disagree he's the most NHL ready of our prospects. I think he has a long ways to go and I could see several other players getting a shot before he does.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Lol speaking of being condescending...

I knew exactly what you meant. I disagree he's the most NHL ready of our prospects. I think he has a long ways to go and I could see several other players getting a shot before he does.

You say you can see other players getting a shot - like whom? 

I am clearly not counting players like Hoglander and Podkolzin because they already have NHL experience.

You can't just state something without explaining why. I explained why I think Klim is the closest to being NHL ready in our system, but your replies suggest I was talking about him being NHL ready. Don't backtrack.

Edit: replied to the wrong person.

Edited by Dazzle

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You say you can see other players getting a shot - like whom? 

I am clearly not counting players like Hoglander and Podkolzin because they already have NHL experience.

You can't just state something without explaining why. I explained why I think Klim is the closest to being NHL ready in our system, but your replies suggest I was talking about him being NHL ready. Don't backtrack.

I think Bains has a better chance of playing 4th line minutes due to the speed he processes the game. I think Karlsson has a better chance of playing top 6 fill of JT is out and someone goes down, even with his movement still needing work. Hell I'd even like to see Nielsen get a shot.

My replies said nothing of the sort about you saying he was NHL read, nor did I backtrack. I explained to you why I thought he still had a ways to go in my original post.

You seem to have the complete inability to have a civil conversation. I remember years ago when you used to be good for a hockey talk. Just forget about it.

14 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

That's the thing though. You keep referencing Faber, who is a legit source, but look who is ranked at number 3. Neither Bains nor Karlsson (both of whom I am just as excited for) are higher than Klim.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/fabers-summary-top-10-vancouver-canucks-prospects-wrap-up

I don't understand why you misinterpret the data from the source that you are claiming to reference.

When did I claim to be referencing Faber in regards to Klimovich?

I said I read his prospect report on Canucks Army, as I do most days. I also refferenced him in regards to his rankings about Jurmo, but that has nothing to do with Klimovich.

My opinion is based off who I think has the best chance of managing minutes off of a mix between watching Abbotsford games, and hearing/reading about prospects. Klimovich has potential, but I think his game currently has more flaws then other prospects who could step in sooner.

Please tell me where I have claimed to being refferencing Faber in my opinion on Klimovich being the closest to NHL ready. You felt the need to attempt to criticize my reading comprehension, so we can continue with this conversation when you do that.

Also that article is 7 months old....

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

When did I claim to be referencing Faber in regards to Klimovich?

I said I read his prospect report on Canucks Army, as I do most days. I also refferenced him in regards to his rankings about Jurmo, but that has nothing to do with Klimovich.

My opinion is based off who I think has the best chance of managing minutes off of a mix between watching Abbotsford games, and hearing/reading about prospects. Klimovich has potential, but I think his game currently has more flaws then other prospects who could step in sooner.

Please tell me where I have claimed to being refferencing Faber in my opinion on Klimovich being the closest to NHL ready. You felt the need to attempt to criticize my reading comprehension, so we can continue with this conversation when you do that.

Also that article is 7 months old....

7 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Let's walk this conversation back so that we can discuss this without fingerpointing, whether it's from me or from anyone else.

The article is 7 months old, but it actually reflects the amount of progress Klim has made, even from earlier. Klim's progress has not worsened (objectively speaking). And in that article, Bains and Karlsson are not ranked higher. So I really am just curious how you're able to rank those two higher than what Faber had them.

Can you show me evidence from Faber that shows that Bain and Karlsson are higher ranked than Klim?

Edited by Dazzle

Just now, Dazzle said:

Let's walk this conversation back so that we can discuss this without fingerpointing, whether it's from me or from anyone else.

The article is 7 months old, but it actually reflects the amount of progress Klim has made, even from earlier. Klim's progress has been even better. And in that article, Bains and Karlsson are not ranked higher. So I really am just curious how you're able to rank those two higher than what Faber had them.

Walk it back one more step. That post was clearly in a direct reference to Jurmo and had absolutely nothing to do with our conversation about Klimovich.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Walk it back one more step. That post was clearly in a direct reference to Jurmo and had absolutely nothing to do with our conversation about Klimovich.

Jurmo is clearly not NHL ready, not yet anyway. I think we will agree on that. He is a very young defenseman, but he's very promising. So why did you bring up Bains and Karlsson earlier?

Just now, Dazzle said:

Jurmo is clearly not NHL ready, not yet anyway. I think we will agree on that. He is a very young defenseman, but he's very promising. So why did you bring up Bains and Karlsson earlier?

Seriously? Did you actually try to criticize my reading comprehension earlier while you are mixing up 2 different conversations? I'm over this conversation Dazzle.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Seriously? Did you actually try to criticize my reading comprehension earlier while you are mixing up 2 different conversations? I'm over this conversation Dazzle.

You're right. I had to go back to see that I did mix up a poster and/or a conversation. I am sorry. I am totally in the wrong here.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

You're right. I had to go back to see that I did mix up a poster and/or a conversation. I am sorry. I am totally in the wrong here.

I'm going to say this because we used to chat a lot many years ago and I did respect you as a poster back then. Maybe you don't give a crap, but you should really concider how you speak to people here. I had to give my own head a shake a while back, and I've tried to be better. But you threw several needless remarks my way tonight, when I did nothing except express that I disagreed with you and then tried to explain where you lost the conversation.

If you don't care, ignore me. Doesn't matter really. Just some food for thought on a Tuesday night.

• Sad 1