The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

can #91-Kravtsov be our #2 center?

Rate this topic

Bathgate

I liked the canucks play in the last 4 games . We still need a 2C + 2&3D. Can Kravtsov be turned into 2C like Trevor Linden was? From what I have read, he seems to have the attributes, needing face-off skill development. We have Henrick Sedin for a teacher.

Podkolzin is another Juolevi for many fans ( likely the same fans! ) but he does show flashed of promise which would be an upgrade on Juolevi. He has a future in the NHL just not high up in the order. Fingers crossed, having a bubbling Kuzmenko must surely help. Nice to see Kuzmenko has 28 goals in his Older rookie season 

• Wat 3

3 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Correct me if I'm but I don't think he has any experience at the pro level playing center. He hasn't even been able to establish himself as a winger, what leads you to believe he will excell in a more difficult position?

Size,skating ability,passing ability, some experience at WJT. Why not see if a highly skilled player can be developed by Henrick?

2 minutes ago, Bathgate said:

Size,skating ability,passing ability, some experience at WJT. Why not see if a highly skilled player can be developed by Henrick?

I think if anything we give Podkolzin a shot there. Has a better defensive fundamentals and is already experience at draws, all be it in very small sample sizes. I just don't see Krav being a candidate to move to the middle myself.

I didn't think Krav was very noticeable last game.  Maybe nerves.
He is a reclamation project, so no one should get their hopes up to high.  He really needs to be inspired by his teammates if he is going to have any sort of success.

From his attitude in his online interviews, really grated my nerves.  More or less saying he DESERVES ice time.  That is a bad thing to say in your first interview.
I will give him the language barrier free pass.  But if I ever hear him say it again.....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Podkolzin is another Juolevi for many fans ( likely the same fans! ) but he does show flashed of promise which would be an upgrade on Juolevi. He has a future in the NHL just not high up in the order. Fingers crossed, having a bubbling Kuzmenko must surely help. Nice to see Kuzmenko has 28 goals in his Older rookie season 

Those posters are wrong. Podz plays a big boi pants game we won't know with him until he's 24-25 and I normally hate it when posters do that but I think we knew what Jake and Kass were or werent was more off ice than it was on. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Those posters are wrong. Podz plays a big boi pants game we won't know with him until he's 24-25 and I normally hate it when posters do that but I think we knew what Jake and Kass were or werent was more off ice than it was on. 

and Juolevi? I recall when Virtanen were first aquired. He went into Rogers Arena to "work out" and Burrows commented I don't know ( about JV ) maybe he'll get it one day. That was on day one and he still hasn't managed. During a game in EU ( EHC Visp) he got into a fight with his own team mate. The entire team said either he goes or we all do. Kassian sniffed too much, he was OK for a while in Edm. But they tired of him ultimately, Mtl hated him. Character is as imortant as a slap shot :lol:

33 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

and Juolevi? I recall when Virtanen were first aquired. He went into Rogers Arena to "work out" and Burrows commented I don't know ( about JV ) maybe he'll get it one day. That was on day one and he still hasn't managed. During a game in EU ( EHC Visp) he got into a fight with his own team mate. The entire team said either he goes or we all do. Kassian sniffed too much, he was OK for a while in Edm. But they tired of him ultimately, Mtl hated him. Character is as imortant as a slap shot :lol:

So we agree on Virt Kass?

I didn't hate the Juolevi pick I just wanted a different D but I liked that we tried.

IMO Tkachuck would have been great but also his head is a bit bigger than the team. 

Edited by hammertime

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

That's right. Just ask Will Smith about that. :lol:

On 2/28/2023 at 5:06 AM, Bathgate said:

I liked the canucks play in the last 4 games . We still need a 2C + 2&3D. Can Kravtsov be turned into 2C like Trevor Linden was? From what I have read, he seems to have the attributes, needing face-off skill development. We have Henrick Sedin for a teacher.

Trevor Linden wasn't turned into a 2C until Mark Messier arrived.   And he wasn't really center - not until Otto forced the team to move him there.   As far as stats go, probably cost him 1000 points and maybe the HHOF.    The very definition of a team player. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Trevor Linden wasn't turned into a 2C until Mark Messier arrived.   And he wasn't really center - not until Otto forced the team to move him there.   As far as stats go, probably cost him 1000 points and maybe the HHOF.    The very definition of a team player. 

He became a center after Nedved left. Only reason I remember is I got married in October that year lol.