The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

14 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Nailed it again @mll

I'm not advocating to trade Demko, more or less replying to other posts that may miss some details. he does fit the under 30 with term though the Canes won't mess with their goaltending before the playoffs, personally I think thats too much a gamble for teams trying to go deep in the playoffs. 

carolinas rules on trades and signings, goalie depth etc

Goalies are often also not plug & play.  There's the adjustment to a new system, new coach and just finding chemistry with the players - which shots to let though, block etc.  Even an experienced goalie like Fleury took till this season to find his footing in Minnesota after being traded there at the last TDL.

Don't really see Vancouver trading Demko unless he's the one that asks out.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, singing chef said:

I don't understand the hate for Miller and the push to trade him.  He's essentially a ppg player, has 24 ppp and 120 hits in 59 games, is 53% in face off %, plays with passion (hello Brock) and has a reasonable cap hit for a ppg player.  If he's traded the team needs to replace his points, and while I understand the "younger and entry level contract" philosophy, those players generally don't put up ppg points for a few years.  Miller has real value to this team - keep him.

Embrace the rebuild my friend,

Amazon Studios Relax GIF by ThePeopleWeHateAtTheWedding

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, singing chef said:

I don't understand the hate for Miller and the push to trade him.  He's essentially a ppg player, has 24 ppp and 120 hits in 59 games, is 53% in face off %, plays with passion (hello Brock) and has a reasonable cap hit for a ppg player.  If he's traded the team needs to replace his points, and while I understand the "younger and entry level contract" philosophy, those players generally don't put up ppg points for a few years.  Miller has real value to this team - keep him.

it doesn't have to be "hate". He's a valuable piece, but he's also going on 30. Some folks would like to see a proper rebuild, after several attempts by the franchise at a retool.

That being the case, Miller's value becomes that of a trade chip.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Rumours are Parayko is in play. I could see something around Parayko for Tyler Myers and our later first. Parayko and Hughes would be unbelievable. Not sure I'm big on giving up that first though. 

If Parayko was a few years younger sure.

Doesnt make sense now.

• Cheers 1