The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hughes said "they" don't want to be here for a rebuild. I'm assuming he meant him and Petey.

That's not a "or we'll walk"...who the heck wants to go through a rebuild...kinda like I don't wanna have this tooth pulled.....but I have to..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

How do you know the palyers said they'd walk if we rebuild...you were in the dressing room with 'em?

Hughes literally alluded to it yesterday (his brothers are also doing quite well on the NJD and it’d be foolish to think they’re not speaking in his ear during the summers) and EP40 has stated multiple times he wants to win (he’s two years away from UFA).

Canucks forum: “Hey guys we’re going to tear the whole team down and hope we win the draft lottery a few times. Do you guys want to sit around for 5 years or so while we replenish and hope that multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks turn into bonafide cup winning players?”

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

You don't build a team based on what your top players want. How is that building a healthy and sustainable future? If they want to pout about it. Tough. You make millions. If you had played better at the start of the year the team wouldn't be in this position. Do we really want players who say I don't want to do it properly? Find me shortcuts to make it easier.

ok so piss off the two best players on the team, have them leave and then replace them again and be in the same position 5-7 years from now? You have no plan lol. You’re plan is “HOPE”. Hope that random draft picks over the year end up panning out. Remember Jett Woo? Jonah Gadovich? William Lockwood? Kole Lind? Dipietro? Gaudette? How have they been doing lately? These are the round 2-5 picks team full rebuild is begging for. 

how about the late first round picks that you all want from contenders? Boeser (don’t y’all want to trade him?), shinkaruk, gaunce, McCann, Jensen, Schroeder, Patrick white? These are the game changing “rebuilding”, “proper way” to go about things? :lol:

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hughes said "they" don't want to be here for a rebuild. I'm assuming he meant him and Petey.

Do you think Hughes is going to want to be on a losing team at any point ever? No NHL player should ever want their team to rebuild or even retool by acquiring draft picks. 

• AngryElf changed the title to [Rumour] One Hour Left! It's the FINAL THING-DOWN!
Just now, Moe Knows said:

That's not a "or we'll walk"...who the heck wants to go through a rebuild...kinda like I don't wanna have this tooth pulled.....but I have to..

Still the implication and risk is there. They outright said they don't want to be around for a rebuild. You can try and sugarcoat it all you want but the risk is going to be there of them leaving.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

People who live for refreshing their page for TSN's Tradetracker.

excited andy samberg GIF

I just saw a cringe video on twitter of Beaudreau pumping up the TSN “insiders” with his famous locker room speech. 

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t see why any playoff teams would want him to be honest. He’s been awful this season.

I haven't paid attention to him at all this year. 

Hope for his sake he's been wisely investing his $$ because seems like he messed his whole long term value up last off season! 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

This time really is different though, we have 2 franchise players and a potential top 10 goaltender hitting their primes, and its not fair to judge this management team against the mistake of the past regime.

This management team has not traded our first round pick, like Benning did.

Instead, with some maneuvering, they exchanged an expiring UFA Bo for a top-four RHD, and has been excellent at acquiring cheap or free quality assets (Filip Johansson, Kravtsov, Bear, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev).

This is the best performed retool on the fly Ive seen so far. They got a good prospect for.. Riley Stillman? They got a pick for Lazar who they picked up for free as a UFA. They are managing assets extremely well.

Was the 1st + 2nd an overpayment for Hronek? Maybe, it remains to be seen. But we cant judge that until we see him play.

Woah, get outta here with your level headed and reasonable take.  We only like chaos, I mean look at Drance and his rage takes :frantic:

2 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Hughes literally alluded to it yesterday (his brothers are also doing quite well on the NJD and it’d be foolish to think they’re not speaking in his ear during the summers) and EP40 has stated multiple times he wants to win (he’s two years away from UFA).

Canucks forum: “Hey guys we’re going to tear the whole team down and hope we win the draft lottery a few times. Do you guys want to sit around for 5 years or so while we replenish and hope that multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks turn into bonafide cup winning players?”

ok so piss off the two best players on the team, have them leave and then replace them again and be in the same position 5-7 years from now? You have no plan lol. You’re plan is “HOPE”. Hope that random draft picks over the year end up panning out. Remember Jett Woo? Jonah Gadovich? William Lockwood? Kole Lind? Dipietro? Gaudette? How have they been doing lately? These are the round 2-5 picks team full rebuild is begging for. 

how about the late first round picks that you all want from contenders? Boeser (don’t y’all want to trade him?), shinkaruk, gaunce, McCann, Jensen, Schroeder, Patrick white? These are the game changing “rebuilding”, “proper way” to go about things? :lol:

You are beyond delusional. I don’t give a shit what Pettersson or Hughes want, I want to win a cup. Continually chasing the playoffs is not how you win a cup, nothing they’re doing is conducive to being a team that is positioned for long term success. Are you happy with being a mediocre team? Cause that’s what you’re asking for. 

• Like 1