The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

1 minute ago, .Naslund said:

Hughes literally alluded to it yesterday (his brothers are also doing quite well on the NJD and it’d be foolish to think they’re not speaking in his ear during the summers) and EP40 has stated multiple times he wants to win (he’s two years away from UFA).

Canucks forum: “Hey guys we’re going to tear the whole team down and hope we win the draft lottery a few times. Do you guys want to sit around for 5 years or so while we replenish and hope that multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks turn into bonafide cup winning players?”

ok so piss off the two best players on the team, have them leave and then replace them again and be in the same position 5-7 years from now? You have no plan lol. You’re plan is “HOPE”. Hope that random draft picks over the year end up panning out. Remember Jett Woo? Jonah Gadovich? William Lockwood? Kole Lind? Dipietro? Gaudette? How have they been doing lately? These are the round 2-5 picks team full rebuild is begging for. 

how about the late first round picks that you all want from contenders? Boeser (don’t y’all want to trade him?), shinkaruk, gaunce, McCann, Jensen, Schroeder, Patrick white? These are the game changing “rebuilding”, “proper way” to go about things? :lol:

Alluded to ain't saying it..it;s an indirect reference

Just now, kodos said:

You are beyond delusional. I don’t give a shit what Pettersson or Hughes want, I want to win a cup. Continually chasing the playoffs is not how you win a cup, nothing they’re doing is conducive to being a team that is positioned for long term success. Are you happy with being a mediocre team? Cause that’s what you’re asking for. 

Well then you're going to be disappointed for a while.

Congrats.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Well then you're going to be disappointed for a while.

Congrats.

I’m not under the impression that this management group, under the direction of this ownership, is going to do the correct thing ever. So you pointing out that I’m going to be disappointed isn’t news to me. 

Enjoy re-tool #5000. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Still the implication and risk is there. They outright said they don't want to be around for a rebuild. You can try and sugarcoat it all you want but the risk is going to be there of them leaving.

Risk...Seriously...if they want out then fine.... think of the assets we;d get for them. If palyers want to run the team with threats then  so long...don't care how good they are!

Still don't think that;s what he meant though

Just now, kodos said:

I’m not under the impression that this management group, under the direction of this ownership, is going to do the correct thing ever. So you pointing out that I’m going to be disappointed isn’t news to me. 

Enjoy re-tool #5000. 

Panic Omg GIF

1 minute ago, Furevanucks said:

This is fine it wouldn't be a day if the Canucks were not disappointing us all we are all canucks

They will go into the offseason fullfilling their slogan "Unfinished business". They should add "Unfinished business for 53 years and counting".

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, kodos said:

Enjoy re-tool #5000. 

What do you want other people to say here exactly? Do you expect things to just magically change? Does changing someone's opinion change things?

Chill out dude. We're all in this together no matter what opinions we have.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Moe Knows said:

Alluded to ain't saying it..it;s an indirect reference

If things are based on probabilities then yes odds are he would leave based on what he’s said. Are you the type of person who blindly believes everything politicians say when they’re making campaign promises? 

3 minutes ago, kodos said:

You are beyond delusional. I don’t give a shit what Pettersson or Hughes want, I want to win a cup. Continually chasing the playoffs is not how you win a cup, nothing they’re doing is conducive to being a team that is positioned for long term success. Are you happy with being a mediocre team? Cause that’s what you’re asking for. 

Beyond delusional is a strong choice of words haha. I see two franchise level NHL players on our roster and you seem to think otherwise. You are also the one who is aiming for a mediocre team by seemingly wanting a full rebuild. Arizona has been perpetually rebuilding, the Sabres have too. Edmonton is another team. 

• Cheers 1