The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3-Way Trade] Rangers acquire Patrick Kane, Cooper Zech; Blackhawks acquire Andy Welinski, Vili Saarijarvi, conditional 2023 2nd-round pick, 2025 4th-round pick; Coyotes acquire 2025 3rd-round pick

1 minute ago, Chickenspear said:

It's almost sickening. 32 picks in the next 3 years before you add whatever they get out of this deal, and the TBD Chychrun return.

We have 7 picks this year (assuming we get the Isles pick this year), 2 of which aren't even ours, and we have 6 picks next year. It's depressing watching other tanking teams add picks while we are adding other teams cast off prospects and calling it a "gift." No disrespect to Kravtsov, but teams don't give away good prospects/players for free. We shouldn't expect that trade to be big for us. Nashville added 5 picks in ONE trade. Watch us instead of adding picks we keep trading for more reclamation projects and holding onto trade assets we should be moving.

• Vintage 1

Oh man when teams get dropped in the first round and they look at what they gave up for rentals or even 35 year olds with a bit of term lololololol. 

market crash coming to the east.  there will be so many depleted team with no prospects or draft picks  in a few years.

love it just in time for us to be back in the competitive window with a team of mid-late 20 year olds in their primes the east will be a wasteland. 

Still hoping  we sell off our 7x8 mill mistake for more  youth 

Absolutely average return but that's what happens when you handcuff your own team. He's probably worth a first and second or prospect so it's not that far off but 2nd + 4th just sounds bad.

This trade deadline is all over the shop after the Jeannot deal but this is a bit more down to Earth. I think the Bo deal was fair for both teams (but we could have gotten more if we gambled, waited and squeezed), Jeannot was an outrage and this is a bit below market value. 

Just now, cripplereh said:

They will then be the next Arizona and take bad players for picks. 

Or be moved.

I would love to see a second team in BC. Maybe the Okanagan. Build a bigger arena in Kelowna. The okanagan as a whole is what 400,000 plus?

1 minute ago, myre said:

I would love to see a second team in BC. Maybe the Okanagan. Build a bigger arena in Kelowna. The okanagan as a whole is what 400,000 plus?

They would sell out every game.Years back lots of nhlers went to train kids like Guy Lefleur.  

They have summer camps and I been to a few as a spectator.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

We have 7 picks this year (assuming we get the Isles pick this year), 2 of which aren't even ours, and we have 6 picks next year. It's depressing watching other tanking teams add picks while we are adding other teams cast off prospects and calling it a "gift." No disrespect to Kravtsov, but teams don't give away good prospects/players for free. We shouldn't expect that trade to be big for us. Nashville added 5 picks in ONE trade. Watch us instead of adding picks we keep trading for more reclamation projects and holding onto trade assets we should be moving.

Been saying this for 8 years.

We’d most likely buyers if the shortsighted JB and totally oblivious owners started  acquiring picks even 5 years ago.

if only we moved miller at last years TDL not made the dumb trade for OEL.

the long slow road to nowhere has been Aquallinis path of choice. 

still hopeful we can add a few more picks for this year. 

25 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm starting to think Arizona is just a puppet team for the rest of the NHL, like a get out of jail free card.

So what would happen if they win Bedard? This is a franchise that clearly isn't really trying to win. They are the NHL equivalent of a holding company. They just exist to facilitate other transactions. Would suit Bettman right to have the 2 best players in the media wastelands of Edmonton and Phoenix.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Absolutely average return but that's what happens when you handcuff your own team. He's probably worth a first and second or prospect so it's not that far off but 2nd + 4th just sounds bad.

This trade deadline is all over the shop after the Jeannot deal but this is a bit more down to Earth. I think the Bo deal was fair for both teams (but we could have gotten more if we gambled, waited and squeezed), Jeannot was an outrage and this is a bit below market value. 

I think they’re just doing Kaner a favour. He’s won them 3 cups and provided more than a decade of great memories. Looks good on the organization from future players perspectives as well. He obviously still wants to win too, nothing wrong with that. 

The Sedins were different but I like to think we’d do the same to them.