The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Jakob Chychrun to Senators for conditional 2023 1st-round pick, conditional 2024 2nd-round pick, 2026 2nd-round pick

People seems to forget that there is a huge difference between top 5 and top 12 protected first rounder.  

Ottawa is a rollercoaster and have no goalie, who knows where they’ll finish.

Also Hronek will be RFA vs Chychrun UFA a couple years later.  Even though Hronek contract is shorter, that a big difference in leverage.

not to mention RHD vs LHD, we can’t play a 3-1-1 system

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

About the same amount for Chychrun as Hronek?  Something is fundamentally wrong with our organization.  

CDC offline in 4…3…2…1

Well I mean Nashville got more for Jeannot. This is Arizona f$&@ing themselves more than anything 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Yea Chychrun is a better more complete player to, I’d rather have him than Hronek

and.... not to mention Chychrun is signed for one more season than Hronek....

Dang it.... we could have offered the Coyotes Hoglander, Klimovich plus picks too just so they have more to show to their fans....... :o

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I'm going to lose my mind. PAY A LITTLE MORE AND GET THIS GUY.

Holy puck is this what being done with a team feels like?

If this trade is the straw that breaks the camel's back for you then thank your lucky stars you didn't experience the Messier years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

If this trade is the straw that breaks the camel's back for you then thank your lucky stars you didn't experience the Messier years.

Oh god the bad memories, without the off ice drama bs that were the messier years this is getting very close to frustrations though. 

15 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

About the same amount for Chychrun as Hronek?  Something is fundamentally wrong with our organization.  

CDC offline in 4…3…2…1

Played more than 60 games twice in 7 years. Won't do it this year. Left handed. Chychrun is incredibly overrated. If you can't at least hit 60 games, what use are you? Hronek has 3 60+ game seasons, including a 78 game season. Is right handed.

And, are we forgetting there is a same conference tax? You think Arizona would give him to us for what they got from Ottawa? Don't answer, cause it's no. Chychrun will be more expensive both in contract and trade (no, it's not the same amount as what we paid for Hronek. They spent an extra 2nd and we got a 4th rounder back in the Hronek deal) and doesn't fill a more dire need for us.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

You think Arizona would give him to us for what they got from Ottawa? Don't answer, cause it's no.

Damn, and I was just about to answer.  At least you didn’t use the term “full stop” so I appreciate that at least.

Division tax is real, but it’s severely muted with Arizona as they aren’t even pretending to compete.  They will take the best future deal for someone regardless of division.  Oh I guess I answered.  Apologies in advance.

37 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Just learned of Chychrun injuries and am happy that he was not acquired for said price. but damn, his neck is wider than his head!:lol:

Hronek hasn't been the healthiest of players either. I am rooting for him though.

finally have a pp2 qb, a righty to boot.

It looks that way because of the Covid numbers, but it appears that in the past 3 years, Hronek has only

missed 4 games.  Meanwhile, Chychrun has missed 59 in the same 3 yrs.  Chych certainly is injury prone.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kobayashi Maru said:

Damn, and I was just about to answer.  At least you didn’t use the term “full stop” so I appreciate that at least.

Division tax is real, but it’s severely muted with Arizona as they aren’t even pretending to compete.  They will take the best future deal for someone regardless of division.  Oh I guess I answered.  Apologies in advance.

Even if they don't plan to compete soon. Chychrun is still just 24 years old. They'd have to tank for like 8 years before he's gone from relevancy completely. I don't trust his health. But still, if I were Arizona I'd send him out East too.

• Cheers 1