The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Jakob Chychrun to Senators for conditional 2023 1st-round pick, conditional 2024 2nd-round pick, 2026 2nd-round pick

damn some of y'all complain a lot. 

Resigning Horvat - "cant believe we signed Miller over Horvat - oh wow 8.5m for Horvat, hes not worth that hahah...but lets trade Miller too just cuz" 

We trade Horvat - "when are we going to address the defense, when are we going to find our RHD, this management sucks" 

We trade Schenn - "only a 3rd???? wtf GMPA couldnt get us a 2nd pick for a 6/7th defenseman"

We sign Hronek - "why are we trading picks for a right shot RHD under the age of 25 who fits our core but needs a raise...this is so stupid, im done with this team"

Chychrun gets traded - "we shouldve spent more picks to get another LHD that we dont need, what are we doing? Hronek deal looks worse now" 

Lets trade Boeser a 60 point top 6 winger with 25-50% retention - "we'll take a 2nd for him so why isnt GMPA pulling the trigger"

WHEN Boeser gets traded - " I am cancelling my season tickets, we ONLY got a 2nd, Jim Benning all over again"  

Trade a pick - " we coudlve drafted player x who would be uber helpful for us in 4 years, dumb management team" 

Trade a player - "did you see what player Y got, we def couldve gotten more but Allvin did xyz and messed it all up" 

• Cheers 4
  • RoughGame 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not playing fantastic with the Sens and gets injured. The hype for Chychrun is real but one thing is his contract is very tasty and surely that alone is worth a first. If you can secure a top pairing defenceman for 4.6M long-term, you squeeze in a depth guy at 3M and suddenly you've got a 22+ minute guy and 18 minute guy who both play well for the price of...OEL.

Hronek is on a similar sort of deal, maybe scores a tiny bit more and cost us a 2nd round pick less.

Call me crazy but I wonder if there's a world in which we could have acquired both...

To DET: Vancouver's first round pick (likely top-10) + 3rd or 4th rounder

TO VAN: Hronek

TO ARI: NYI's 1st rounder + 2nd + 2nd/Rathbone

TO VAN: Chychrun

We blow all our good picks, sure, but we'd just draft Reinbacher and a center anyway. This way we get two young top defencemen for a combined 9M in cap space. Of course we have to move cap out but we'll have to do that in any case this off-season. Buyout OEL or try and flog off Myers, but Hughes - Chychrun - Hronek is simply the best young defensive core in the league by a long shot and will be for at least 5-7 years. I know it'd be expensive but that's a defence you can really build around.

On 3/25/2023 at 6:54 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Not playing fantastic with the Sens and gets injured. The hype for Chychrun is real but one thing is his contract is very tasty and surely that alone is worth a first. If you can secure a top pairing defenceman for 4.6M long-term, you squeeze in a depth guy at 3M and suddenly you've got a 22+ minute guy and 18 minute guy who both play well for the price of...OEL.

Hronek is on a similar sort of deal, maybe scores a tiny bit more and cost us a 2nd round pick less.

Call me crazy but I wonder if there's a world in which we could have acquired both...

To DET: Vancouver's first round pick (likely top-10) + 3rd or 4th rounder

TO VAN: Hronek

TO ARI: NYI's 1st rounder + 2nd + 2nd/Rathbone

TO VAN: Chychrun

We blow all our good picks, sure, but we'd just draft Reinbacher and a center anyway. This way we get two young top defencemen for a combined 9M in cap space. Of course we have to move cap out but we'll have to do that in any case this off-season. Buyout OEL or try and flog off Myers, but Hughes - Chychrun - Hronek is simply the best young defensive core in the league by a long shot and will be for at least 5-7 years. I know it'd be expensive but that's a defence you can really build around.

Firstly, this fan base would have lost the plot if we traded our own pick to Detroit on the 1st of March, wher we were still looking like a top 6 pick, and secondly Isles pick is top 10 protected, where Sens is only top 5 protected. Big difference. 

And JC is injured....again...

Imagine if we had spent that on him and he was injured a month later....

All the folks who needed to moan about JC cost v Hronek, do they still think that JC is that much better?

• Cheers 1

On 3/2/2023 at 12:10 PM, Seannnp said:

Resigning Horvat - "cant believe we signed Miller over Horvat - oh wow 8.5m for Horvat, hes not worth that hahah...but lets trade Miller too just cuz" 

We trade Horvat - "when are we going to address the defense, when are we going to find our RHD, this management sucks" 

We trade Schenn - "only a 3rd???? wtf GMPA couldnt get us a 2nd pick for a 6/7th defenseman"

We sign Hronek - "why are we trading picks for a right shot RHD under the age of 25 who fits our core but needs a raise...this is so stupid, im done with this team"

Chychrun gets traded - "we shouldve spent more picks to get another LHD that we dont need, what are we doing? Hronek deal looks worse now" 

Lets trade Boeser a 60 point top 6 winger with 25-50% retention - "we'll take a 2nd for him so why isnt GMPA pulling the trigger"

WHEN Boeser gets traded - " I am cancelling my season tickets, we ONLY got a 2nd, Jim Benning all over again"  

Trade a pick - " we coudlve drafted player x who would be uber helpful for us in 4 years, dumb management team" 

Trade a player - "did you see what player Y got, we def couldve gotten more but Allvin did xyz and messed it all up" 

On 3/2/2023 at 12:10 PM, Seannnp said:

Edited by Maddogy

On 3/2/2023 at 11:10 AM, Seannnp said:

Good summary of the members I have on ignore 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 9:13 AM, IBatch said:

Modern day Salo without the shot. 

A defensemen doesn’t score 18 goals in 56 games, without a pretty good shot. The highest goals total Salo ever gotten was 14, in 67 games. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

A defensemen doesn’t score 18 goals in 56 games, without a pretty good shot. The highest goals total Salo ever gotten was 14, in 67 games. 

Modern day Salo WITH the shot?   Not sure he's got the same impact as a defender that Salo had - but he did look pretty solid in his debut (with OTT).   

With Canucks, our winning percentage  went up noticeably with him in the lineup.   Was tough though, and kind of annoying that he couldn't play a full season.   99 goals in 878 games is definitely decent for a D - and he sure did have a bomb from the point.   Chychrun is the same age now, as when Salo joined the league.    For sure room for improvement.   

As an aside, I hate the OJ pick, Chychrun, actually remember his Dad fighting Probert (his Dad was a big big dude).    Was a bit of a man child physically, two years before the draft he was been hyped as a potential first overall pick similar to Ekblad.   WJ's, every single draft, seems to confuse the heck out of GM's.  

For his sake, and Ottawa's, hope he can shake off this injury bug. 

Edited by IBatch
  • There it is 1