The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Predators trade Mikael Granlund to Penguins for 2023 2nd-round pick

31 minutes ago, shiznak said:

A team 11 points ahead of us, selling assets for a rebuild. 

Meanwhile, we’re 28th in the standing, selling draft picks for immediate help.

Management keeps on getting delusional we have some contending core awaiting to burst out. It's like they are geting slapped by results of bottom dwelling season after season and they don't want to wake up. They will be forced to face reality eventually.. in 3-4 years. 

15 minutes ago, -Moose said:

Nashville showing how a rebuild is done. Quick firesale, acquire tons of pics in a deep draft, short term pain for potential long term success

They've made the playoffs 5 times in 23 years.  I don't think Nashville is really the model franchise of success in the NHL...

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, -Moose said:

Nashville showing how a rebuild is done. Quick firesale, acquire tons of pics in a deep draft, short term pain for potential long term success

Well.. it does help when you have what other teams want.

When you have players playing above their contracts other teams want them.

Canucks have lots of players playing well below their pay.

We are literally one of the worst teams, trying to convince better teams that Boeser and Granlund are the missing pieces to cup success. We are the league equivalent to slimy used car salesmen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They've made the playoffs 5 times in 23 years.  I don't think Nashville is really the model franchise of success in the NHL...

Yup, and they figured it out, too bad our guys haven't.

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

Well.. it does help when you have what other teams want.

When you have players playing above their contracts other teams want them.

Canucks have lots of players playing well below their pay.

We are literally one of the worst teams, trying to convince better teams that Boeser and Granlund are the missing pieces to cup success. We are the league equivalent to slimy used car salesmen.

Boeser > Granlund. Pens messed up. 

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They're sure doing a rebuild correctly. We are doing neither

5 minutes ago, -Moose said:

Boeser > Granlund. Pens messed up. 

I truly hope you are being sarcastic, or this fan base is more lost than I thought.

Granlund is a much more rounded player. Has produced way more in his career, is not injury prone, and is making 20% less than Boeser.

Come on man, just shhhhhh..

45 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Blame Aqua that dunderhead refuses to allow this team to properly rebuild! Its been 9 years since they made the playoffs (bubble playoffs don’t count, they were out of the playoffs that year when the shutdown happened) keep chasing that non existent playoff revenue aqua you bonehead 

1 minute ago, -Moose said:

They're sure doing a rebuild correctly. We are doing neither

Collecting draft picks is only one part of the rebuild.  We already have Petey, Hughes and Demko.  Are Nashville going to get those types of players with all of those picks?  It's not like they have a bunch of top 3 picks coming up.

David Legwand, Scottie Upshall, Scott Hartnell, Brian Finley, Ryan Suter, Colin Wilson, Seth Jones.  Do you know what these players all have in common?  They were all of Nashville's top 10 picks in the draft since their inception.  Do you see any Elias Pettersson or Quinn Hughes in those players?  Good luck to Nashville with all of their picks.  I am happy we already got our star franchise players...

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, shiznak said:

A very bold strategy! It reminds me of that black jack Austin Powers scene where he likes to live dangerously and stays on 5 lol

19 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I truly hope you are being sarcastic, or this fan base is more lost than I thought.

Granlund is a much more rounded player. Has produced way more in his career, is not injury prone, and is making 20% less than Boeser.

Come on man, just shhhhhh..

Granlund has averaged .66 ppg in his career, Boeser .78 ppg.  By what measure has he produced way more?  

Canuck fans are ridiculous,  as soon as they determine a guy should be traded for these miraculous draft picks, they forget his value entirely.

Even in a down year for him where he is on the 2nd line PP, Boeser is the 24th overall scorer for RW.  He is 18th at even strength.  

Mikael Granlund is the 77th highest scoring Center.

Edited by Dixon Ward
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Yeah definitely feels like it. Remember when we had a franchise high 7 picks in 4 rounds and we were celebrating? Those were the days. I still like Hronek as a player, but I absolutely do not trust this management team.

Now we have 6 in 4 rounds :P