The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Exciting years going forward

Rate this topic

Timråfan

23 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Glad you are having fun. You take heat here on CDC for your opinions. But you are entitled to them, loyal to them.

I know you love Petey, where he comes from! 

No love for Lekkerimaki? 

I’ve not seen Lekkerimäki much so no.

I’ll wait a few years before I say anything in particualr about him as he is still too young.

• Cheers 1

What's your definition of Young? and Gifted?  Cause the ones that are gifted aren't particularly young and the young ones aren't particularly gifted. I'll give my definitions Young 23 or younger. Gifted top 6 forward top 4 defense.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Unlike Benning I have confidence that this management group can get us to mediocre. Last guy couldn’t even do that. 
Hopefully next group will decide to try for championship calibre. 

So the owner is selling? Because while he owns the club no management group will have the freedom to build in a way that many believe is how to create a championship calibre team. 

I'm excited for this team too. Lots of skilled younger players, and we still got a Top 10 1st..

What I find is that when someone negative doesn't get their way here, they blame the owners. It's so silly. I don't think these people understand pro sports.

Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

No love for Lekkerimaki? 

Kid had a disastrous D+1 season, but it's kinda nice having an underdog-type prospect in the cupboard. Especially one with his skill set...

He's all but written-off after one year of development. 

Perhaps this is just part of his origin story ;)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Åman

Räty

Mikhejev

Hronek

Beauvillier

Bloom

Kravtsov

Kuzmenko

Bear

I'm excited about some of these players but not all of them.

To me Aman is a border line NHL'er who is too soft to be a legitimate bottom 6 center and needs to learn to stick up for his linemates and win a few faceoffs. Alvin likes his Swedes but the Canucks can improve a lot here. Lammiko actually had better stats than Aman as far as FO%, blocks, hits, points, takeaways.........

Raty has a lot to prove still to show he can be in the big show, some are calling him a blue chip prospect but that is an underserved label. I hope he gets there but wait and see.

Beau, Kravtsov and Kuz are definately exciting.

Bloom is intriguing 

IM is a guy I am hopeful for once he recovers but wait and see, same wih Hronek.

Bear has been servicable but is not overly exciting.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I’ve been on this forum since Petey was drafted and have seen the pro players Benning brought in.

Besides Miller I struggle to get excited.

Now, with PA at the helm since january last year, I got a lot of players to get excited about.

This is just over a year since PA took over. Think about that for a while…

The players I feel excited about and like to see how good they can be as a Canuck is:

Åman

Räty

Mikhejev

Hronek

Beauvillier

Bloom

Kravtsov

Kuzmenko

Bear

When did a Canucks GM bring in so many young gifted players that are ready to play(don’t get stuck on Bloom here :bigblush:)?

Then Abbotsford got much better regarding development wich means our prospects can cook for a while and actually get better.

Wonderful times ahead.

So we have a lot of players from 26 and younger.

There’s still work to do, but you’re right, there’s already been lots of adds / change. It’s all how people want to look at it, either the glass is half full or half empty. Also, I think it’s important to note the changes in Abby, especially coaching & development! I think it gets forgotten at times, but I think the Sedin’s are going to play a big role in player development. And, not to forget the new coaches role in that on the big club as well. I think all of that is huge! 

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

we need a fire dance petition

Dude was such a wiener in that Allvin press conference. 

Why would an NHL GM have to justify making a trade for a top-4 RHD to some punk reporter, especially when that has been the glaring team need for literal years.

But he kept harping on it, trying to get the man to admit he had "sinned".

• Cheers 4

I might be made a fool but this “retool” feels a little different…? 

like when benning “retooled” in 2014 he had a very different team to retool in terms of age, prospect pool, etc…and that was just super dumb and 7 years later we have very little to show for it

retooling around what we have “could” work IF they continue add prospects/picks where they can, no 30 year old big UFA signings and no dead money on the cap 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I’ve been on this forum since Petey was drafted and have seen the pro players Benning brought in.

Besides Miller I struggle to get excited.

Only Miller? What about Hughes, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Toffoli, and Garland? All of these players came since Petey got drafted and were pretty good players.

Hoglander and Podz each had very promising first seasons. Toffoli had like 10 points in his first 10 games and that playoffs. Hughes was magic from the start. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1