The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Life Hacks (post yours)

Cup_Joneser

Post your life hacks... I'll start with mine. What's yours?

1.  Skip the line when you order pickup...

its pretty common knowledge that food delivery services don't wait in line for their pickups. Just make or buy a hot food carry bag and imprint your favorite food delivery brand on the side of it... works every time!

2. save time and money with self scan mobile checkout from 7-eleven! Skip the line! Save the money! Earn the rewards 5 x faster!

This is different than online checkout, its actually much faster than online ordering! i think only 7-Eleven has this technology of yet (they have very good deals during their customer apprectiation event and offer 5x rewards when using self scan checkout... if you only shop here during customer appreciation week and factor the rewards, you will be saving money i guarantee it!). Basic idea is you scan the items, put them in a bag, Pay! and scan the confirmation on the self check-out... then leave!

BUT!!!! with this tech you can scan your items from anywhere!, even your own home, or work, or car.. What i do to save the ultimate most time possible is, i created a picture file with all the common items i buy when i shop at 7-eleven... you can print or store that file anywhere and access when you need it.... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brilac said:

If you open the bag of chips upside down, you will get more salt and grease. :) 

Vinegar is a wonderful versatile cleaning product to use in which you can clean many things with. 

We use vinegar for cleaning bunny cages...it's safe for pets and gets the job done. Good tip!

It's also really good for cleaning mirrors and windows. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 3/10/2023 at 7:18 PM, -DLC- said:

We use vinegar for cleaning bunny cages...it's safe for pets and gets the job done. Good tip!

It's also really good for cleaning mirrors and windows. 

vinegar will also do a good job of cleaning shower heads of mineral deposits- think of it as cheap Calcium Lime Remover.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Items that I want to remember to bring to work the next day: I put them in my/on top of my shoes.  

When you get the little packet of jam with breakfast, I like to slice it up first into tiny cubes before spreading it on my toast. 

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I found easy way to record my favorite movies and tv shows and watch them any time I want for free with best screen recorders for mac at https://setapp.com/how-to/best-screen-recording-software-for-mac. With these apps it's easy to record favorite videos or movies and rewatch them. So convy. I think it is a useful tool for movie lovers as I am. 

Edited by WilliG