The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where will the Canucks be two years from now?

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Where will the Canucks be two years from now?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which statement best describes where you think the Canucks will be exactly two years from now (March 16 2025?)

• Elite - Primed for the conference finals: Great coaching, solid GM, Current core, bounceback performances from current players plus a few small additions have us ready for glory
    • Better - All but assured of the playoff spot, Good coaching, great core plus some additions and a few bouncebacks give us a shot to playoff success
    • Same - Not in the bottom 5, not in the playoffs, ok coaching, inconsistent players and bad contracts keep us in nowhere land
    • Slightly worse - No bouncebacks, team only plays well at end of season, players burnt out from Tocchet and tuned him out, few prospects, bad contracts
    • Terrible but actively tanking - After failed rebuild on fly, Tocchet/JR and Alvin all gone, full rebuild planned from lottery with picks from trading pettersson and hughes.
    • We get bedard and everything changes.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/2023 at 10:47 PM

I voted same because but I think better but the definitions for both options don't account for what I think.

I am thinking somewhat better = good enough to compete for a playoff spot but not good enough to consistently lock one down and thus trading assets to secure the 8th spot in the conference.

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Either right where we are now out of the playoffs and picking 8-14 or 1st round playoff fodder.

Seen this movie before many times.

C'est la vie to be a lifelong Canucks fan.

More Erik Weinrich and Keith Carney type deals to come.

• There it is 1

• 2 months later...

So, according to the poll ... at nearly 50% ...

Not so doom and gloom after all! 

"Better - All but assured of the playoff spot, Good coaching, great core plus some additions and a few bouncebacks give us a shot to playoff success."

Wonder if anyone feels the same or different. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

So, according to the poll ... at nearly 50% ...

Not so doom and gloom after all! 

"Better - All but assured of the playoff spot, Good coaching, great core plus some additions and a few bouncebacks give us a shot to playoff success."

Wonder if anyone feels the same or different. 

image.jpeg.b0806d2287e549680814e5e08b5db5a8.jpeg

Alf’s empties agree. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1