The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] March 19, 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Quackers - 5PM PST / 8PM EST - The Flying Feathers Cup

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

18 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Yeah Demko's amazing but the troubling part is what's the other five guys doing on these chances, L.A.s not even on the power play?....Sigh Worst defensive structure ever and not a clue how to clear the zone?

Same scrambly play now we just have Demko saving our butts.

Nothing about these wins are sustainable. The  roster still needs an overhaul.

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nothing about these wins are sustainable. The  roster still needs an overhaul.

You state your opinion like facts.

The roster has been changed quite dramatically over the recent past...maybe give them time, under the new coach, to determine what needs to be done. Which is exactly what Tocchet's said they're doing.

So...in your overhaul who goes? And how? And who are we replacing them with? Let's hear the plan and the path to sustainable wins. Or is it dRafT aLL the pLayrz?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Biggest questions for me in the offseason, who's staying? Who's leaving? 

Has me wondering too. Got to think Pearson might be done. Poolman is done. Ferland will be off the books. Boeser could have a new home. 

OEL is a question mark, what they do with him.

6 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

A healthy Demko makes it sustainable. We're also icing 4 AHL dmen

The same thing happened with Myers, OEL, and Schenn in the lineup though. Still need major upgrades on the back end and in the bottom 6.

If the system is solid we should be able to sustain a Demko injury. Im definitely not convinced we’re at that point.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The same thing happened with Myers, OEL, and Schenn in the lineup though. Still need major upgrades on the back end and in the bottom 6.

If the system is solid we should be able to sustain a Demko injury. Im definitely not convinced we’re at that point.

Have you seen Hronek in the line up to determine if he'll make a difference? I haven't.

"Major" is difficult to do...so it's all about limitations in what's available out there. 

7 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Biggest questions for me in the offseason, who's staying? Who's leaving? 

Yea there’s gonna be a lot of changes I think. 

For me Garland or Boeser are gone. You can’t keep both. Myers is as good as gone.

How much more of an overhaul beyond that remains to be seen.

Weird, Demko is back and the team is winning.

Too bad the team doesn't have a coach to match the talent of the core. 

The team had this potential before the season began. The new brass was allowed to piss away a season to navigate a neoptistic hire of a loser coach. Instead of addressing the obvious needs in a timely fashion they farted around with Bo, let JT become a chew toy for media and fans alike while dragging their feet to improve the D.

Hopefully the owners will come to their senses before it's too late and get a real driver for this race car. Or better yet, sell the team.

What a bitter sweet time in the teams existence. 

Go Nucks. or don't... wont matter for a while. 

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 3

Sadly, missed the game and didn’t come on here until this morning. My god, a few have full on tanking verbal diarrhea!

They may want to go watch & cheer for Columbus for the remainder of the season to fulfill all their tanking needs. 

throwing up dumb and dumber GIF

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, 88Canuck said:

Sadly, missed the game and didn’t come on here until this morning. My god, a few have full on tanking verbal diarrhea!

They may want to go watch & cheer for Columbus for the remainder of the season to fulfill all their tanking needs. 

Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Moral victories!! :towel:

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Has me wondering too. Got to think Pearson might be done. Poolman is done. Ferland will be off the books. Boeser could have a new home. 

OEL is a question mark, what they do with him.

I was all aboard the Boeser trade train (and largely still am), but he's really been improving under Tocchet, who seems to think he can help him in the offseason. Considering the difference in production and the fact that we'll probably have to retain more on Boeser than Garland, I'm starting to lean towards moving Garland over Boeser. 

I'll add that I think Myers is as good as gone and that one of Livingstone (fingers crossed) or Malinski will be in the lineup.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

For me Garland or Boeser are gone. You can’t keep both. Myers is as good as gone.

Realistically, though, our wish list has to be brought to fruition by other teams who may have other ideas.

It's just not as easy to "flip" players as some here would pencil it in. But you don't just write a team off because there may be a few missing pieces or spare parts that need changing. Which is what some here seem to do. 

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Will Ferrell Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Moral victories!! :towel:

Victories are important to the players, even if the fantasy gm's don't acknowledge that.

Time to hit the ignore button because this stuff is reaching for the easy button.

5 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

Nah, let them seethe. It's fun to poke them. 

• Haha 1