The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Akito Hirose

tons of lefties, be a crowded AHL squad on left D, interesting competition at training camp. Wonder if we walk away from the always injured Dermott at the end of the year and let him be a ufa? Unless he takes a pay cut to a salary that can be fully buried in the AHL if he gets beat out at training camp by 1 of: Wolanin, Brisebois, Rathbone, Hirose

4 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Nice pickup, could even end up better than Livingstone.

Be interesting to see how their careers progress apart form each other post College. Although, I am not sure how long they played together was it this year or has it been a pairing since both were on the team?

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think Rathbone will be moved for a pick...

Could be, I hope he can stay here but not looking great. I wonder if all these recent depth signings mean we walk away from Dermott who is always hurt and costs double 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

With Andy Carroll signing with Abbotsford and Akito getting an ELC, I really do wonder if Jake Livingstone signs here to complete the trilogy of Minnesota-Mankato signings this Spring for the Canucks.

This is a good signing. I suspect Wolanin will be on the NHL roster all season next season so I expect Hirose will get the opportunity to be on the top pairing in Abbotsford next season.

Allvin/Rutherford are going to slow cook these prospects. The days of rushing a player into the lineup seem to be over and that's for the best.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1