The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023-2024 Season Ticket Thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

17 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I just - literally a minute ago - read your post and thought "No, they always send an email when a payment is taken and there's been no email."  Lo and behold, the email appeared right at that moment! 

They may delay everything else they do, but not when it comes to taking their money!    :lol:

Did they take your money yet? I assume they would've taken your deposit. It looks like they haven't taken mine yet, which is interesting! 

Edited by Rypper_37

7 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

damn I just saw the resell prices for the leafs , jets and oilers playoff tickets , is that what’s it going to be like when Canucks make playoffs ever again?

They have a weird arena and seating chart compared to us, but omg. Easily $400 or more for one ticker in the lower bowl. That's insane!!! 

14 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

damn I just saw the resell prices for the leafs , jets and oilers playoff tickets , is that what’s it going to be like when Canucks make playoffs ever again?

Yes.  UB4 will start at $600-$700 a pair.  Higher if we end up playing an Alberta team.  We probably even get an extra bump, since its been so long.

The trick to selling playoff tickets, is list them as soon as they put them in your account.  So when the public presale happens.  There is almost no inventory.  People grab what they can.  Oilers tickets were going for over $500 each for the first hour.  Same with the Kraken.  Then they drop later that day, when more and more people list.

I call it the "Bandwagon Rush"  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Yes.  UB4 will start at $600-$700 a pair.  Higher if we end up playing an Alberta team.  We probably even get an extra bump, since its been so long.

The trick to selling playoff tickets, is list them as soon as they put them in your account.  So when the public presale happens.  There is almost no inventory.  People grab what they can.  Oilers tickets were going for over $500 each for the first hour.  Same with the Kraken.  Then they drop later that day, when more and more people list.

I've honestly never even been to a playoff game, so I'd love to go! But that's a great idea for people looking to sell! 

• elephant 1

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias said:

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

With all due respect - That's wishfull thinking.  You obviously have not lived thru playoffs as a Vancouver STH because you'd know better than to make that statement which is very misleading   As a recent 20+ year STH with seats up in level 300, the reality I experienced is that tickets in the first round had extremely low demand and are hard to sell. Even the Canucks themselves will "dump" thousands of tickets as many STH will not accept playoff tickets in March as an option to their package when asked - leaving the Canucks "Flush" with seats to sell on TM, especially corporate STH's who will not pay sky high prices for tickets they usually just end up giving out as a marketing promo and have set budgets for marketting.   

I speak from experience and while Aqua-lini jacks up the prices to you and I - you will never get anywhere near that on the resale market in Round 1 as most fans don't want to waste money until they see that the team can make it out of Rd. 1 and are for Real.   Unless things have changed, that is the reality I experienced for over 2 DECADES and any REAL STH will confirm that.   Of course things might change if we one day ever make the playoffs again - especially after not having a home playoff game at Rogers in over 8 years - but we'll have to wait & see about that.

BTW, $700/Pair is what I paid for row 13 in section 305 in 2011 during game 7 of the SC finals (sitting amongst the Boston Bruins parents in those last 3 rows!) not in Round 1 !

Edited by RU SERIOUS

6 hours ago, Rypper_37 said:

Did they take your money yet? I assume they would've taken your deposit. It looks like they haven't taken mine yet, which is interesting! 

I don't know, mine gets charged to a credit card.  Okay I just went online and looked up my transactions and it hasn't been posted yet.  

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 4:14 PM, Rypper_37 said:

I've only ever seen the first kind of gift cards (with players on them). Has anyone ever seen the second one before? I haven't. 

Screenshot_20230409_144507_Google~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230409_144526_Facebook~2.jpg

Canucks Gift Cards.  LMAO !!!! The funniest  Marketing Gimmick going - where they overcharge you for something then give you - your very own money back stuck on a gift card where you are forced to buy overpriced merchandise and food from only them - and ripped-off a second time while they make even more profit!   Hahahaha!

Who comes up with this stuff?  Genius!

20 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I don't know, mine gets charged to a credit card.  Okay I just went online and looked up my transactions and it hasn't been posted yet.  

Thank you! My credit card also wasn't charged. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Canucks Gift Cards.  LMAO !!!! The funniest  Marketing Gimmick going - where they overcharge you for something then give you - your very own money back stuck on a gift card where you are forced to buy overpriced merchandise and food from only them - and ripped-off a second time while they make even more profit!   Hahahaha!

Who comes up with this stuff?  Genius!

We actually get a lot more benefits than other teams. Go have a look at the Leafs membership benefits. They get nothing. Not sure how they have such a fan base as they can never get past the first round. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

With all due respect - That's wishfull thinking.  You obviously have not lived thru playoffs as a Vancouver STH because you'd know better than to make that statement which is very misleading   As a recent 20+ year STH with seats up in level 300, the reality I experienced is that tickets in the first round had extremely low demand and are hard to sell. Even the Canucks themselves will "dump" thousands of tickets as many STH will not accept playoff tickets in March as an option to their package when asked - leaving the Canucks "Flush" with seats to sell on TM, especially corporate STH's who will not pay sky high prices for tickets they usually just end up giving out as a marketing promo and have set budgets for marketting.   

I speak from experience and while Aqua-lini jacks up the prices to you and I - you will never get anywhere near that on the resale market in Round 1 as most fans don't want to waste money until they see that the team can make it out of Rd. 1 and are for Real.   Unless things have changed, that is the reality I experienced for over 2 DECADES and any REAL STH will confirm that.   Of course things might change if we one day ever make the playoffs again - especially after not having a home playoff game at Rogers in over 8 years - but we'll have to wait & see about that.

BTW, $700/Pair is what I paid for row 13 in section 305 in 2011 during game 7 of the SC finals (sitting amongst the Boston Bruins parents in those last 3 rows!) not in Round 1 !

LOL  11 pairs of Oilers playoff tickets sold in 12 minutes says I am real. 

Could contain: Page, Text, Footprint

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

With all due respect that's Edmonton!

Here is a nice pair of Kraken, sold right during presale.  These would sort of be like seats in 321-322 here

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by BCNeil

8 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Here is a nice pair of Kraken, sold right during presale.  These would sort of be like seats in 321-322 here

Could contain: Page, Text

LOL!   Kraken fans pay $9.00 U$D for a bottle of water !!!  That's $12.00 Cdn !!!!    Holy Batman!   Those people have money to burn!  

None-the less, don't get misled by other teams fortunes because I lived the dream for over 20 years as a Canucks STH and have first hand - real experience!  Trust me on this!

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

LOL!   Kraken fans pay $9.00 U$D for a bottle of water !!!  That's $12.00 Cdn !!!!    Holy Batman!   Those people have money to burn!  

None-the less, don't get misled by other teams fortunes because I lived the dream for over 20 years as a Canucks STH and have first hand - real experience!  Trust me on this!

I have had Canuck seasons since 2007, with game packs since 99.  

I had a set of 3 for game 7.  330 row 4.  

It was my first time ever using stubhub.  I didn't want to meet up in person for such a large amount.

I remember driving down to their office on Beatty. They shared office space with Times Ticket Broker.  I gave them my hardcopies and listed for $2500 US each.

It was the day before the game, so you had to bring them your tickets.  The buyer would pick them up there.  No time for UPS.  

So nervous something would happen to my tickets.  

Walked over to the Cactus Club on Davie.  Refreshing the stubhub page over and over.  My girlfriend mad as hell.

Then one time I refreshed and my tickets weren't there.  Then a couple minutes later got an email from Stubhub. 

It was a fun night after that.  

Don't have a screenshot.  Probably one from my bank when I tried to deposit the US check.  I remember that day well too.  

I wore a suit to the bank.  I guess it was the first of over a hundred times a bank teller asked me  "what's stubhub" over the next decade.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I have had Canuck seasons since 2007, with game packs since 99.  

I had a set of 3 for game 7.  330 row 4.  

It was my first time ever using stubhub.  I didn't want to meet up in person for such a large amount.

I remember driving down to their office on Beatty. They shared office space with Times Ticket Broker.  I gave them my hardcopies and listed for $2500 US each.

It was the day before the game, so you had to bring them your tickets.  The buyer would pick them up there.  No time for UPS.  

So nervous something would happen to my tickets.  

Walked over to the Cactus Club on Davie.  Refreshing the stubhub page over and over.  My girlfriend mad as hell.

Then one time I refreshed and my tickets weren't there.  Then a couple minutes later got an email from Stubhub. 

It was a fun night after that.  

Don't have a screenshot.  Probably one from my bank when I tried to deposit the US check.  I remember that day well too.  

I wore a suit to the bank.  I guess it was the first of over a hundred times a bank teller asked me  "what's stubhub" over the next decade.

Wow ! you hit the Jackpot.     As I said, I paid $700 for a pair just around the corner from your seats in 305 and I ended up sitting amongst a few rows of Solid Boston Bruin Parents & friends - most wearing bruins jerseys.    There were a few scuffles in our area and lots of cat calls - needless to say - as canucks fans got more & more P'd off as the game went on but for the most part the seats we're O.K. and the experince still something i'll remember.    I just found my old ticket (below),  look at the face value for a game 7 SCF !!!  Isn't that crazy cheap!  Your seats musn't have had a much higher face value either than 305 because if i remember from back in the day your section 330 was the Molson or Bud zone and was always pretty reasonable cost.

Could contain: Paper, Text, Person, Adult, Male, Man, Ticket, Face, Head

Edited by RU SERIOUS

55 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Wow ! you hit the Jackpot.     As I said, I paid $700 for a pair just around the corner from your seats in 305 and I ended up sitting amongst a few rows of Solid Boston Bruin Parents & friends - most wearing bruins jerseys.    There were a few scuffles in our area and lots of cat calls - needless to say - as canucks fans got more & more P'd off as the game went on but for the most part the seats we're O.K. and the experince still something i'll remember.    I just found my old ticket (below),  look at the face value for a game 7 SCF !!!  Isn't that crazy cheap!  Your seats musn't have had a much higher face value either than 305 because if i remember from back in the day your section 330 was the Molson or Bud zone and was always pretty reasonable cost.

Could contain: Paper, Text, Person, Adult, Male, Man, Ticket, Face, Head

My face value for the finals was $150 each.  I remember because I listed game 5 on ticketexchange.  It would only allow you to charge 10 times face, $1500 each for game 5.

For round 1 that year.  I sold the first 3 games on craigslist for $900, $750 and $900 for the set of 3.  Game 7 for $600 each on ticketexchange, 10 times face for that round.  

The Nashville round sucked, closer to $225-250 each.  

$300 a ticket in 2024 is not wishful thinking.