The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to celebrate Pride Night on Friday vs. Flames

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Such little gesture with hardly any impact on their day to day activities. 

The ones that refuse really show their true colors.

I wanna see everyone that's complaining the most, go out and buy the jersey! 

@Sharpshooter especially ;)

Proceeds should go to You Can Play foundation again like last year. 

11 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I wanna see everyone that's complaining the most, go out and buy the jersey! 

@Sharpshooter especially ;)

Proceeds should go to You Can Play foundation again like last year. 

I would be full of Pride to purchase the sweater, moreso than any other sweater. 

I don’t care about individual players as much as I care about inclusivity of our local community who aren’t represented within our larger fan base. 

Equality is worth more than anything. 

I would purchase the sweater with Bieksa’s name on the back. 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Honestly both teams should play the game in drag and Rick Tocchet should coach dressed up like a mermaid.  Anything less and it's obvious to me that the team doesn't care about the cause.

Rocket Richard, Howe and Bealiveau would be rolling in their graves, as they say

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Rocket Richard, Howe and Bealiveau would be rolling in their graves, as they say

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/montreal-canadiens/jean-chretien-recalls-asking-jean-beliveau-to-be-governor-general

He did hint at his political views in his autobiography, when he said that the Canadiens — a team on which different ethnicities worked toward one goal — were a great metaphor for Canada.

This Beliveau?

I called the Canucks today trying to purchase the Pride sweater. 

All calls go to the team store. 

They don’t sell the Pride sweater outside of the warm up one. 

I asked the kind girl to figure out how to purchase the Pride sweater and she has no idea other than refer me to the team store in order to figure it out. 

Kinda disappointing.  

I want to purchase two Pride sweaters for me and my daughter, but I’m unable to. 

Anyone know anyone that can facilitate that? 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

45 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Sew on a patch for one game. No biggie. Keep it about the hockey. No one needs to see a drag queen drop a ceremonial puck. (if that were to happen) 

In-Arena Pride Celebrations

• Sections 122-103 will host a market, where Vancouver Pride Society, QMUNITY, Cutting Edges, and Health Initiative for Men will hold resource tables with information on how to further get involved in our community
  • Drag show performers featured on the Plaza will join us inside at the Stanley Park Brewing activation in Section 111
  • In-game performances by Mathew V and Zynth and Co. dancers
  • National anthem performed by Frankie Cena
  • A Pride merchandise line and Pride warmup jersey will go on sale this week with proceeds going to You Can Play
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

I know y'all jest regarding pride type attire, but really, and I don't really have to say this but.............men's hockey, from beer league to the NHL, is too macho for such things. It would be funny though. Petey on a breakaway sporting a tutu on Reimer. Reimer's homophobia gets the best of him and Petey scores! Anywho........

Aren't the vast majority of NHL players of the Gen Z persuasion? A few Millennials mixed in. Seems to me these gens of individuals by and large, are pretty indifferent regarding things of colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation; supporting new issues of environment, global warming, reduced carbon foot printing; Black Lives Matter, Stop Asian Hate, War in Ukraine. In other words, these gens seem concerned of these issues...........I dunno. 

We're all individuals and not all parent raise their kids from a book of parenting. Values, religion, spiritualism, WHATEVER!!!!!! It's a choice. Now that being said............

I see no harm whatsoever in these types of themed support on game nights. Letting individual players choose because of personal reasons shouldn't have been allowed to happen in the first place. Maybe not supporting PRIDE night is something some players figure they can make their statement, and get away with it.

Seriously. Do you think they'll get away with not promoting a Black Lives Matter night, or a Reconciliation night. I DON'T THINK SO!!!!! What's next..........Dis-respecting Remembrance Day?!?!?!!??   Jeez..........uhhhhh......ermmmmmm

Go Canucks Go???!??!?!???

Edited by Sativika
  • RoughGame 3

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

With recent issues with players refusing. I think there needs to be some discussion between management and players on how to be supportive and get everyone on board.

Agree there.I just don't know if any of our players will say no.

Saying that if some do I understand why. 

Hard on everyone.

Just swallow your PRIDE and put on the jersey. It's not labelling you, or anything about you. You are who you are and a simple wearing of a certain apparel doesn't change who you are. To all who are not participating.......Shame!

Edited by Sativika
  • Wat 1

21 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I called the Canucks today trying to purchase the Pride sweater. 

All calls go to the team store. 

They don’t sell the Pride sweater outside of the warm up one. 

I asked the kind girl to figure out how to purchase the Pride sweater and she has no idea other than refer me to the team store in order to figure it out. 

Kinda disappointing.  

I want to purchase two Pride sweaters for me and my daughter, but I’m unable to. 

Anyone know anyone that can facilitate that? 

I just hope it's not priced like the First Nations merch.  I think the jersey was $1000 and the sweater was $150 or something.  Just too much for my budget.

• There it is 1