The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tim Hortons at 3433 North Road in Burnaby: Interwest Restaurants trespassing multiple customers after complaints to Fraser Health; inspection reveals poor sanitation

Nucklehead22

28 minutes ago, Nucklehead22 said:

Can't force em if they're just sitting at a coffee shop doing nothing and not outwardly acting out

You grab the ones that display an open threat to others. No discussion. You’re done. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You grab the ones that display an open threat to others. No discussion. You’re done. 

No we should all have to walk on eggshells around them when we go buy our terrible coffee.

Edited by McBackup

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

What's the key reason people go to a Timmy's? Is it to sit down and drink a morning Cup with friends. Is it just to grab a quick coffee? Why don't people just make their coffee at home?

The thread is about homeless congregating at T.H.  They don’t have a home which is the whole reason they’re hanging out there. The very question of “ why”  I find a little presumptuous  or like labelling or judging. I mean who can’t afford a cup of coffee ?  . Since I became a cab driver. I’m Constantly picking up and dropping off at Tim’s. I also buy coffee or hand out a cig for certain local people down on their luck. I personally would rather a homeless person patronizing Tim’s and milking a cup all day than bothering people while drunk or high on the street. 

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 2

https://www.bing.com/search?q=average+priced+single+bed+apt+Vancouver&form=ANNTH1&refig=b5dedda3b6cf4398ab1f8359086ec384

"As of May 21, 2023, the 1 bedroom apartment average rent in Vancouver, BC is $2,700. The cost of rent in Vancouver varies depending on several factors including but not limited to: the unit size, the count of bathrooms, and the location within Vancouver."

https://www.bing.com/search?q=minimum+wage+bc+2023&qs=SC&pq=minumum+wage+bc&sk=SC1&sc=10-15&cvid=6B9B8F4406584E8DA4DC5B7D11D451C9&FORM=QBRE&sp=2&ghc=1&lq=0

"

The minimum wage rate in British Columbia, Canada will be $15.65 per hour starting in 2023123. This is an increase from the previous rate of $14.60 per hour1. The new rate applies to most workers, including full-time, part-time, casual, and piece-rate workers1. The minimum wage is reviewed annually every June 1st and is expected to increase again by June 1, 20233. However, there is a conflicting source that states the minimum wage will further increase on April 1, 2023 to $14.15/an hour, and the hourly rate is projected to be approximately $15 on October 1, 20234.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2,700/15.65= 172.52 hours of work, just to make rent, every month.
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gurn said:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=average+priced+single+bed+apt+Vancouver&form=ANNTH1&refig=b5dedda3b6cf4398ab1f8359086ec384

"As of May 21, 2023, the 1 bedroom apartment average rent in Vancouver, BC is $2,700. The cost of rent in Vancouver varies depending on several factors including but not limited to: the unit size, the count of bathrooms, and the location within Vancouver."

https://www.bing.com/search?q=minimum+wage+bc+2023&qs=SC&pq=minumum+wage+bc&sk=SC1&sc=10-15&cvid=6B9B8F4406584E8DA4DC5B7D11D451C9&FORM=QBRE&sp=2&ghc=1&lq=0

"

The minimum wage rate in British Columbia, Canada will be $15.65 per hour starting in 2023123. This is an increase from the previous rate of $14.60 per hour1. The new rate applies to most workers, including full-time, part-time, casual, and piece-rate workers1. The minimum wage is reviewed annually every June 1st and is expected to increase again by June 1, 20233. However, there is a conflicting source that states the minimum wage will further increase on April 1, 2023 to $14.15/an hour, and the hourly rate is projected to be approximately $15 on October 1, 20234.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2,700/15.65= 172.52 hours of work, just to make rent, every month.

Here in Rupert there’s no vacancy in rentals. And what’s left is out of reach. There’s also another problem. It’s with immigrants. I won’t say which nationality , but there’s a lope hole for wage supplement which can and does apply to these people  of which there employers take full advantage of. It’s also made these service industry jobs    (corner stores ,711 ,Mcds etc. )  jobs that most Canadians won’t do anymore. For the simple reason the average single person or student is going to get overlooked in favour of this nationality group. And even if you did get hired your our out numbered , which on its own doesn’t help attract your average person to apply. This particular immigrant can also take advantage of an education supplement. I have a BIG problem with all of this. Whilst Trudeau continues to push the reconciliation narrative he’s paving to road for certain groups while continuing to handcuff others into a life of poverty. It’s high time to start looking after our own back yard ! Food banks and homeless shelters are good, just not good enough. 

Edited by chon derry
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

On 5/27/2023 at 7:49 AM, chon derry said:

Here in Rupert there’s no vacancy in rentals. And what’s left is out of reach. There’s also another problem. It’s with immigrants. I won’t say which nationality , but there’s a lope hole for wage supplement which can and does apply to these people  of which there employers take full advantage of. It’s also made these service industry jobs    (corner stores ,711 ,Mcds etc. )  jobs that most Canadians won’t do anymore. For the simple reason the average single person or student is going to get overlooked in favour of this nationality group. And even if you did get hired your our out numbered , which on its own doesn’t help attract your average person to apply. This particular immigrant can also take advantage of an education supplement. I have a BIG problem with all of this. Whilst Trudeau continues to push the reconciliation narrative he’s paving to road for certain groups while continuing to handcuff others into a life of poverty. It’s high time to start looking after our own back yard ! Food banks and homeless shelters are good, just not good enough. 

Bruh do you just expect immigrants to be homeless ? That's a pretty racist take

On 5/29/2023 at 8:04 AM, Nucklehead22 said:

Bruh do you just expect immigrants to be homeless ? That's a pretty racist take

The local 711 here was shut down temporally because of rodent infestation. Guess who owns it. Ya that’s right. Lazy shoddy cheap business practises. Not to mention a very bad understanding of labour relations as they pertain to labour standards.  as for the housing situation, this same group of people are buying apartment blds. Duplex’s and are renovicting at an alarming rate. To the point there is no available/ affordable rentals left. Not to mention the service ind. job maket  being cornered. So your accusation of racism is just that an accusation, but it might be more of an misinformed assumption, I’ll have you know that I’m half native so that’s kind of a stretch. So at the expense of local people literally being put out on the streets. Sure call me racist. But what it REALLY is. Is an observation from  an individual who’s been around long enough and  who’s seen a drastic shift in demografics , and an observation of these newer business owners not adhering to cleanliness or labour standards. Hope this helps……racism pffft.     Edit; recently a team of  corporate 711 people came to see how this particular franchise was being run. Needless to say the store had to comply with 711 policy’s not to mention the health inspectors guidelines, or risk losing the franchise altogether.    By the way you couldn’t have gotten the homeless part any more wrong if you tried. And yes the two issues     ( lousy business practices/homelessness)  are relative in this town. 

www.thenorthernview.com/news/renovictions...
Feb. 28, 2020 10:55 a.m. News. Nearly 50 families and 200-plus people are being evicted from their homes in an unprecedented round of renovictions            edit; I challenge you to do a little research with regards to the claims in my post, before you go off making accusations from a situation you know nothing about !!!

Edited by chon derry

38 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Just wait until the next article about this Tim's hits that something something newspaper the OP likes to quote - then there'll be a new thread that will be created that is thinly-veiled to be marginally unrelated to this thread, it'll get shut down, and then the OP will come back and spam this one again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

As I'd mentioned in the most recently-closed thread:

Hide contents

I think it’s pretty obvious he’s a disgruntled fired donut maker. Maybe this is the better outlet for him,  being safer then the “ going postal “ route. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://bbybulletin.ca/f/tim-hortons-franchisee-interwest-restaurants-abusing-power

The controversial management of the Tim Hortons location at 3433 North Road in Burnaby, owned and operated by Interwest Restaurants, has come under criticism yet again. 

A patron, an elderly woman who has not visited the establishment in a substantial amount of time, was issued an unexpected trespass notice. This incident is particularly shocking as the woman is the mother of a disabled patron who had previously been banned from the establishment in April of this year.

The disabled woman, who has wished to remain anonymous, was barred following her raising concerns regarding the cleanliness of the Tim Hortons establishment. She had also voiced apprehensions about the welfare of a homeless woman who had been allowed to reside in the restaurant for over six years. These concerns were not unfounded as a subsequent inspection by Fraser Health on May 24th revealed the establishment to be in poor condition.

Following her ban, the disabled woman involved legal counsel, which communicated with Interwest and their legal team on her behalf. However, it appears her requests for direct communication to be limited to legal representatives was disregarded, following direct communication the woman's mother received from Amanda Kerr, President and Director of Operations of Interwest Restaurants, on June 7th.

In an interview, the disabled woman remarked, "Rather than contacting us directly, which I previously asked them not to do, they should have had their lawyer reach out. By blatantly ignoring my request for no contact, they are now harassing us." She went on to add that she would be contacting the RCMP if the harassment were to persist.

For the elderly woman who has now been trespassed, the situation has come as a surprise. She stated, "I hardly even go there and had no involvement in the matter with my daughter." 

The seemingly arbitrary trespass notices have led many to question the motives and methods of Interwest Restaurants. As another patron put it, "It seems as though they are simply trespassing people for association with others. They're handing out trespass notices like free candy. It's appalling."

Antoinette, a regular customer, commented on the chain of incidents saying, "This is very clearly an attempt to silence customers and prevent criticism on things like lack of cleanliness. By issuing trespass notices, they're aiming to mute the voices that are simply trying to make the establishment a better place for everyone. This isn't just an abuse of power, but a disregard for basic customer service and rights."

Despite the tension surrounding the trespass notices, the disabled woman made it clear that she and her mother had no intention of returning to the restaurant anyway. She commented, "Despite the trespass notices, my mother and I had no plans of patronizing their restaurant considering the appalling state it's in. It's ironic that they think these notices deter us when their disregard for cleanliness and customer safety was already enough to keep us away."

It's a situation that seems to suggest an escalating culture of harassment, overreach, and non-transparency at the Tim Hortons location, sparking wider debates on consumer rights, corporate responsibility, and the way vulnerable individuals, including the elderly and disabled, are treated within society. The implications of these actions are being closely scrutinized, and further updates will be provided as they become available.

Edited by Nucklehead22

Maybe she’s a defender of the egg laying bugs?  Seems this particular Timmy’s is trying to silence those who want to protect the poor, little bugs. If their store is clean where will the bugs live? What about their habitat? 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe she’s a defender of the egg laying bugs?  Seems this particular Timmy’s is trying to silence those who want to protect the poor, little bugs. If their store is clean where will the bugs live? What about their habitat? 

Seems to be what it really boils down to Alf.

Discrimmination. Plain and simple.

Those poor bugs and their precious baby eggs. I mean, it's sick when you think about it. Leave the damn bugs alone. They have a right to be in a safe environment. 

• Haha 2