The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikolay Goldobin eyeing NHL return

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

The kid sucks.  
Luckily much like Tryamkin, Goldy won’t want anything to do with the Canucks. 
Good riddance and good luck kid.  

Pretty sure Tocchet would chew him up and spit him out back to Russia.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

36 points in 59 games ain't bad and 39 in 42 the year before is actually impressive, but as always, it will come down to work ethic for him. At 27, he's no longer the young kid and what he is now is what you're gonna get. If he works hard, he could probably be a solid middle six forward, but given his history, that's not a certainty.

Kuzmenko also had a poor defensive work ethic and continually got benched throughout the season - even while he was scoring goals at will.  If Goldobin ends up being half of what Kuzmenko has been for Vancouver, he will have a permanent role in the NHL.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Maybe we can coax Kirill Koltsov and Fedor Fedorov out of retirement as well? ;) 

Jokes aside, Shirokov is surprisingly still a pretty decent player at 37. Probably a decade past any chance of him coming back over here, but he’s made a very nice career for himself in the KHL. 

Shirokov is 37???? Man I'm getting old. 

• Cheers 3

Honestly, I'm not surprised by this given the state Russia is in at the moment. I would almost be surprised if we DON'T get an influx of Russians into the league next year, or at least Russians who have previously seen the difference between this part of the world and Russia.

4 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Who here watched him live?  His work ethic was poor and he was the definition of a seagull.

The guy got cut (not re-signed) from the Canucks at a time when we had a really poor team.

Absolutely not an NHL player.

Hard pass.

All talk and attitude, but at no point did he back it up.

2 hours ago, rekker said:

I always liked this guy. Not sure I see a fit here but his numbers are decent. I see him getting a chance. 

Had sooooo much talent, but nooooo heart or desire. Similar to Virtanan, happy seeing that 10+million already in there bank accounts, knowing full well that is more then enough money to give them a glamours life. 

Oilers gave Jake a tryout at last years camp, if another does the same for Goldy it will be the same result. Unfortunately for the millions of young adults and kid hockey players struggling around the world that could only wish for half there talent and just one of the many chances they had is a kick in the teeth. 

Tryamkin says come back and join the party......

8 hours ago, VanCan2023 said:

Had sooooo much talent, but nooooo heart or desire. Similar to Virtanan, happy seeing that 10+million already in there bank accounts, knowing full well that is more then enough money to give them a glamours life. 

Oilers gave Jake a tryout at last years camp, if another does the same for Goldy it will be the same result. Unfortunately for the millions of young adults and kid hockey players struggling around the world that could only wish for half there talent and just one of the many chances they had is a kick in the teeth. 

Tryamkin says come back and join the party......

He's definitely not a fit, but I think he had decent talent and decent effort, which ultimately was not enough.  He didn't seem as entitled as Virtanen and did put in a pretty good effort, but it just wasn't enough.  Podz, Hog, Kravtsov, McD, all need some legit time on the roster with maybe a few others that earn it.

Tryamkin does need to come back to the party however. 

Edited by Kobayashi Maru