The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] NY Rangers looking to shake things up

9 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

But JR wants to compete for the playoffs.

Unless you're getting JT Miller back in a trade for JT Miller, we aren't moving him.

We wouldn't be trading 1st round picks for Rhonek if we were going to be taking a step back and replacing JT with Laf.

It's not happening my dude.

And with Kotkaniemi playing such a brilliant 200 foot (and mean) game for the Canes that dream is gone too. Damn the Canes sure played that whole JK situation well. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'd rather lose this year's 1st as a sweetener to move OEL than buying him out. Take the loss, fill his spot with Breezer/Hirose/Rathbone/someone else, and use his cap space wisely moving forward to fill other holes, such as the right side and/or 3C.

You'd still need to add picks/prospects to get out of OEL. 11th overall isn't getting it done.

2 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

You'd still need to add picks/prospects to get out of OEL. 11th overall isn't getting it done.

He’s not going anywhere with his NMC. If he can play serviceable 2nd pair minutes with a better partner, we can look to shed cap elsewhere. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

Just imagine it.  OEL costing the Canucks a 1st, 2nd and 7th and then 3 seasons later an 11th OA to get rid of him.

How frigging awful would that be?

Just ride him out for another two seasons already and then retain every penny you can in a trade

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MattWN. said:

Your probably right, which is why he is here to stay. I predict he will be healthier and better next year. I'm sure Tochett had a meaningful conversation with him to end the year. Coach T doesn't leave any rocks unturned and means business. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree with that.  If we aren't a playoff team next season then we are not buying anybody out.  If we are not a playoff team then JR may not be around either...

This....

If anyone expect FA hired JR/ Allvin and his 15000 chipmunks just be also rans for the next few years, think again.

This team will pushing for the play offs next season

• There it is 2

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

And with Kotkaniemi playing such a brilliant 200 foot (and mean) game for the Canes that dream is gone too. Damn the Canes sure played that whole JK situation well. 

Hahaha.  You crack me up sometimes Alf.  
I admire your persistence.   

JK is a minus -3 and only 5 points in 10 games.  
He is playing ok at best.  

3 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Hahaha.  You crack me up sometimes Alf.  
I admire your persistence.   

JK is a minus -3 and only 5 points in 10 games.  
He is playing ok at best.  

Habs were dumberoo. Canes embarrassed them. Made them cry. JK is a steal. The guy is clearly a steal. He will score the winning goal in this series. Not that it matters much. The Leafs will sweeperoo the Canes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

With Hronek that shouldn’t happen. And oh Schenn is signed and paired with Hughes that should allow Myers a much more limited role

I’m afraid Schenn has priced himself out of this market. He doesn’t owe us another sweetheart deal.

• There it is 1

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Habs were dumberoo. Canes embarrassed them. Made them cry. JK is a steal. The guy is clearly a steal. He will score the winning goal in this series. Not that it matters much. The Leafs will sweeperoo the Canes. 

The LEAFS will sweep the canes?  
They aren’t coming back no matter how much you love them Alf. 
The leafs are done for the year 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 5/11/2023 at 11:57 AM, Jester13 said:

I'd rather lose this year's 1st as a sweetener to move OEL than buying him out. Take the loss, fill his spot with Breezer/Hirose/Rathbone/someone else, and use his cap space wisely moving forward to fill other holes, such as the right side and/or 3C.

That's ridiculous

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, teepain said:

Best to ride myers until the trade deadline

garland for kakko?

JR did say he’s looking for guys coming out of their ELCs who have more upside to reach. So like Kravtsov. Kakko fits that too. 

Garland would do well in New York.