The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Vitali Kravstov signs with Traktor Chelyabinsk (KHL)

7 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I could be wrong but I believe that since he’s completed 3 professional seasons and played fewer than 80 games he’ll qualify to become a group 6 UFA at age 25.  So he may be able to walk to free agency as soon as his KHL contract is finished. 

Ouch that's terrible. Would love to have had at least a year or 2 after his KHL contract was done

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah what a weird post, I’ve not seen him posted in the top 6 on anyone’s projected lineup for next year let alone many people’s lineups. 

over on HF board  there will be at least one guy fuming.

Kravstov was the guy that would be the best on the Canucks.

It was so over the top as to be funny, yet sad at the same time.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

over on HF board  there will be at least one guy fuming.

Kravstov was the guy that would be the best on the Canucks.

It was so over the top as to be funny, yet sad at the same time.

Yeah that is an odd take he wouldn’t even be the best player on his line if he was on the 4th line.  :lol:

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, The King of Kings said:

but does the Canucks holds the right og Kravstov?

Even if the team doesnt want him, they can trade him for something

I mean, NY traded Krav for Lockwood and a 7th. 

He's now bolted to Russia for the next two years - what's that going to be worth now? He's basically a waiver kind of player, where other teams might take a flyer on him for free, but they wouldn't offer the Canucks of any substance for Kravstov. 

7 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Minimal.  Then he signed a 2 year contract in the KHL that might March him directly to UFA status.  So yeah. He has no value now 

I mean, he'll be 25 by the time his KHL deal is over. By that point, most players are what they are. Kravstov while I'm rooting for him, and was hoping he'd break out while he was in Canucks colours, the guy had what? 2 points in 16 games? He was given every opportunity here in Van to produce, and he never did. He even played with Petey and couldn't produce. That's an indictment on him. If he can't produce and perform while he's playing with a guy who produced over 100 points this past season, what kind of player is he? Not a very good one from the looks of it. 

46 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, he'll be 25 by the time his KHL deal is over. By that point, most players are what they are. Kravstov while I'm rooting for him, and was hoping he'd break out while he was in Canucks colours, the guy had what? 2 points in 16 games? He was given every opportunity here in Van to produce, and he never did. He even played with Petey and couldn't produce. That's an indictment on him. If he can't produce and perform while he's playing with a guy who produced over 100 points this past season, what kind of player is he? Not a very good one from the looks of it. 

Not sure why you’re quoting me.  He was a long shot reclamation project when the Canucks squired him and he did nothing to raise his value. Now he’s taking his puck and he’s going home.  Guy was a huge waste of a high pick 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I could be wrong but I believe that since he’s completed 3 professional seasons and played fewer than 80 games he’ll qualify to become a group 6 UFA at age 25.  So he may be able to walk to free agency as soon as his KHL contract is finished. 

I believe this only applies if you are contracted by an NHL team at age 25.  Tryamkin didn't have 80 games either and he was controlled by the Canucks until he was 27.  

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I believe this only applies if you are contracted by an NHL team at age 25.  Tryamkin didn't have 80 games either and he was controlled by the Canucks until he was 27.  

Tryamkin hadn’t completed 3 professional (NHL) seasons.  Kravstov has 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, NY traded Krav for Lockwood and a 7th. 

He's now bolted to Russia for the next two years - what's that going to be worth now? He's basically a waiver kind of player, where other teams might take a flyer on him for free, but they wouldn't offer the Canucks of any substance for Kravstov. 

What if he puts up 50+ points in the KHL?  Would he not have value at that point?  Wasn't Kuzmenko wanted by every NHL team after a 53-point season in the KHL at 25 years old?

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Tryamkin hadn’t completed 3 professional (NHL) seasons.  Kravstov has 

The requirement isn't 3 NHL seasons.  It's 3 pro seasons...

What is a Group 6 UFA?

A player whose contract is expiring and meets all of the following conditions will become an unrestricted free agent (UFA):

The player is 25 years or older (as of June 30th of the calendar year the contract is expiring).

The player has completed 3 or more professional seasons - qualified by 11 or more professional games (for an 18/19 year old player), or 1 or more professional games (for a player aged 20 or older). This can include NHL, minor league, and European professional league seasons played while under an SPC.

The player has played less than 80 NHL games, or 28 NHL games of 30 minutes or greater for a goaltender.

Both Tryamkin and Kravtsov played 2 NHL seasons.  Kravtsov also played in the AHL for half a year.  So, you may be right if the AHL is included and the KHL is not...

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The requirement isn't 3 NHL seasons.  It's 3 pro seasons...

What is a Group 6 UFA?

A player whose contract is expiring and meets all of the following conditions will become an unrestricted free agent (UFA):

The player is 25 years or older (as of June 30th of the calendar year the contract is expiring).

The player has completed 3 or more professional seasons - qualified by 11 or more professional games (for an 18/19 year old player), or 1 or more professional games (for a player aged 20 or older). This can include NHL, minor league, and European professional league seasons played while under an SPC.

The player has played less than 80 NHL games, or 28 NHL games of 30 minutes or greater for a goaltender.

Both Tryamkin and Kravtsov played 2 NHL seasons.  Kravtsov also played in the AHL for half a year.  So, you may be right if the AHL is included and the KHL is not...

Yeah. I’m not positive it applies to him. But I suspect it does 

• Cheers 1

On 5/25/2023 at 1:50 AM, qwijibo said:

Not sure why you’re quoting me.  He was a long shot reclamation project when the Canucks squired him and he did nothing to raise his value. Now he’s taking his puck and he’s going home.  Guy was a huge waste of a high pick 

Where’s OldNews when you need him?

He’d have already written a dissertation on how Kravtsov packing his bags to Russia makes this trade a home run win for the Canucks. 

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2023 at 6:41 PM, King Heffy said:

There's something seriously wrong with a guy who voluntarily gives up a shot at the NHL to play in that barbaric hellhole. Let him rot wit the rest of the orcs.

Maybe the kid was thinking "Do I rot with the Orcs? Or the Orcas" :lol: