The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aquilini was livid that Canucks picked Juolevi over Tkachuk

Rate this topic

-DLC-

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm sure he was happy when they drafted Petey and Hughes the following two years.  At the end of the day, we probably aren't getting Petey if Tkachuk is in the lineup in the 2016-2017 season...

You might be right, but that doesn't excuse the decision at the time.  It's obviously a different comparison but I don't think Chicago deserves credit for getting Bedard this year.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm sure he was happy when they drafted Petey and Hughes the following two years.  At the end of the day, we probably aren't getting Petey if Tkachuk is in the lineup in the 2016-2017 season...

I mean, would you take Tkachuk or Petey going forwards? I take Matthew tbh.

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Could easily put him in back to junior as I recall that WD doesn't play young players that much and still get Petey.

3 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Its gonna be a long off season lol

I was also stunned they passed on Tkachuck.. that rat is awesome if he’s on your team…

Only a half year minus a week until we're back in action!  hang in there.....

It's in the Canucks DNA to select Euro-centric Finesse players instead of tough, no BS, Big Canadian players who's goals are to win a Stanley Cup - NOT - an Olympic Gold medal.  We have a very long history of this and why our team has mostly been made-up of of soft, pushover players for decades with the exception of few.   Just look at the last several seasons with this current core.  With exception of Schenn, Joshua and occasionally JTM, no one else has the size, grit or ability to be a factor in keeping other teams in check.   

If you've been watching the playoffs, this year like all others, it has been a rock em - sock em battle of the biggest & toughest and we all have to admit that our current core of small, regular season finesse players would be annihilated in the playoffs with many of them put into hospital.   Aside from Tock-It, even JR stated early on that we needed to get bigger, stronger and grittier and be a hard team to play against - and here we are today still stuck with the same crew and still awaiting change minus Luke Schenn type of players - then what does P.A. do?    He goes out and waste our 1st Rd. pick last year on another puny, Swedish finesse player.  Will it ever end???

Needless to say Benning should have been fired years earlier instead of getting another contract extension, so that flies right in the face of Aqua-lini for being "asleep at the wheel" AGAIN !  He is this franchises Problem #1 and never lose sight of that !  It's his poor decision making that allowed the JB & TG disaster to prevail for years & years despite never ending failure - No one else.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why is that though?

Why couldn't we have had both?

Even with Miller, EP, and Hughes we have been at the bottom of the standings

Plus in a lottery system we could still get EP and Hughes had we took Tkachuk

I thought for sure we were taking him, but no matter how much we may want that now, won't change it  and looking forward to better days 

• Cheers 1