The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) 11th over all pick for Cody Glass

15 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Dude is 24 and isn't even at .5ppg.  I guess everyone has a different ideas what a breakout year looks like.  

Similar age and production to Beauvillier, would you give u[p the 11 pick for him?

Beauvillier comes with a 4 million cap hit.  Though Glass is unsigned I doubt he'll get anywhere near that.  He's affordable in that sense (which for a team in our cap situation means alot).  Course I think the 11th overall pick is too high a price to pay.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'd like Glass on our club as a 3C. But he is 24 so his value is a 2nd rounder, at most. 

I don't even think they would move him for 11th overall the way Trotz talks about him - he's one of the guys he wants to build around.

13 minutes ago, mll said:

I don't even think they would move him for 11th overall the way Trotz talks about him - he's one of the guys he wants to build around.

His best career trajectory is that of JT Miller, and the more likely outcome would be of someone like Brendan Morrison.  

The floor is still a guy that struggles next year and flames out of the league in a year or two.  

I have time for late bloomers, but Nashville would take the 11th overall and run if they decided to strip it down and rebuild. 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

His best career trajectory is that of JT Miller, and the more likely outcome would be of someone like Brendan Morrison.  

The floor is still a guy that struggles next year and flames out of the league in a year or two.  

I have time for late bloomers, but Nashville would take the 11th overall and run if they decided to strip it down and rebuild. 

Nashville is not stripping it down.  It's not me calling him a core player and someone he wants to build around but Barry Trotz their new GM.  

25 minutes ago, mll said:

Nashville is not stripping it down.  It's not me calling him a core player and someone he wants to build around but Barry Trotz their new GM.  

Yeah I hear you on that one, I don't think that they will be interested in moving him either. 

Emerging 24 year old center is exactly what they need considering the age of their other forwards.  

17 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Glass is 24 years old and just broke the 30 point mark while playing more than 39 games in a season for the first time. He's done it once. 

I don't think my skepticism towards his supposed breakout is unwarranted. Doubt it, lots of good players will be available, it's supposed to be a good draft.

If we're trading the 11OA it'd better be for more than a guy who'll be 25 next season, a guy who's put up third line production once. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say again, the only way I’m trading that pick is if it’s for another youngish proven top 4 RD or if it’s in a mega trade to move up to 1st. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Pears said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say again, the only way I’m trading that pick is if it’s for another youngish proven top 4 RD or if it’s in a mega trade to move up to 1st. 

Or.... Leo Carlson is still available at pick number 5 or 6 and we trade the number 11 pick and the 2024 1st (top 3 protected let's say). 

19 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Here's the list: (alphabetical order by team)

• Clayton Keller
  • Brandon Carlo *
  • Rasmus Anderson *
  • Devon Toews
  • Alexis Lafreniere
  • Jonas Brodin
  • Artem Zub *
  • Anthony Cirelli *
  • Timothy Liljegren
  • Shea Theodore

* denotes players I like

I'd only move that pick for Keller or Theodore. Other than that, i'd keep the 11 and swing for the fences with the pick. We're in no place to be trading another 1st unless it's an absolute steal.

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Or.... Leo Carlson is still available at pick number 5 or 6 and we trade the number 11 pick and the 2024 1st (top 3 protected let's say). 

If Carlsson is there Montreal is taking him 

Edited by qwijibo

16 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Historically speaking the #11 OA pick has been kind of diseased.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Page, Text, Number, Symbol, Measurements

But I still wouldn't trade it for Cody Glass.

Cheers for compiling this!!! 

Wahlstrom is turning into a bruising middle 6 winger. 

Vilardi has been a bust but is at least gonna be an NHL player. 

Logan Brown is the same as Vilardi. 

Lawson Crouse is a good bottom 6 winger. 

Fiala is a star. 

Samuel Morin would've been the biggest monster in the NHL if it wasn't for all the season ending injuries he's suffered. He'd be mopping the floor with Reaves and Johnston otherwise, but big time bust. 

Then you have a bunch of stars and a bunch of flops.  

Very interesting collection... Cant help but notice how many big bruisers get drafted at 11 (Brown, Crouse, Morin, Wahlstrom) in the last ten years. 

19 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal could go for Will Smith instead, or Michkov, or Fantilli. 

It only takes one crazy team to fall in love with the best D-man available and all bets are off. 

Look at Montreal last year. They take Slafkovski, and Shane Wright slides all the way to 4 even though most people had him as a guaranteed number 1 or 2 at worst. 

24 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

1. Bedard to Chicago 

2. Adam Fantilli to Anaheim 

3. Matvei Michkov to Columbus 

4. David Reinbacher to San Jose 

5. Will Smith to Montreal 

Would you find Reinbacher going to San Jose unbelievable? It's fair if you say yes, but the top dman almost always finds a way into the top 5 and Reinbacher has so much Seider to him in terms of pedigree that I wouldn't find it that surprising that he lands in top 5. 

The chance of this happening is not insignificant. 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

1. Bedard to Chicago 

2. Adam Fantilli to Anaheim 

3. Matvei Michkov to Columbus 

4. David Reinbacher to San Jose 

5. Will Smith to Montreal 

Would you find Reinbacher going to San Jose unbelievable? It's fair if you say yes, but the top dman almost always finds a way into the top 5 and Reinbacher has so much Seider to him in terms of pedigree that I wouldn't find it that surprising that he lands in top 5. 

The chance of this happening is not insignificant. 

I think Michkov dropping is more likely than Leo… CLB will take him imo