The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Karma Works: NY Central Park Bird Watcher vs Karen...how the story ends. (Spoiler alert: he wins)

-DLC-

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I hear Debbies are the new Karens. 

Homer-bushes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

That will be good news for my other three sisters....not a Debbie among them....

Certain Mods (who shall remain nameless) might take issue with your assertion, however.....

• Haha 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

That will be good news for my other three sisters....not a Debbie among them....

Certain Mods (who shall remain nameless) might take issue with your assertion, however.....

While I am not around nearly as much these days....I'd hope they know me enough still to know it is a joke :bigblush:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Years ago when I was the MOD and Guest Services Manager at a hotel some absolute Karen was losing it at one of my staff. I came out and she instantly yelled at me to get the manager. I went in the back, grabbed my name tag, went back out front and slowly put it on. Her jaw dropped which was only bettered by the look on her face as without a word I refunded her and told her her reservation was cancelled...on a sold out weekend. 

One of my fave memories of working in hotels :D 

I watched a lady park in a handicap spot  at Walmart she was taking heat from a handicap Karen when she went in.  I mean I had to wait because there was a group waiting as well and you just knew it was on. In her haste to get out of there she left her shopping cart at the passenger side. And was taking heat for that as well,  she scratched the side of her nice Tahoe :towel:

• Like 1

Just now, Gnarcore said:

While I am not around nearly as much these days....I'd hope they know me enough still to know it is a joke :bigblush:

I think the Mod in question has a sense of humor....

....just so long as you're not badmouthing Alex Burrows, you're probably okay....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think the Mod in question has a sense of humor....

....just so long as you're not badmouthing Alex Burrows, you're probably okay....

A9CB6B48-3250-4F4B-9E3F-45183D4CCF37.thumb.jpeg.23c70384ee03add28112147d6852f49c.jpegdon’t bad mouth this guy either. I found out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

True story....I have a sister named Karen....

She had it legally changed to Keyra several years ago.....^_^

I trust what ever you post implicitly...however I gotta know, are taking the piss or did she really change her name. 

6 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I trust what ever you post implicitly...however I gotta know, are taking the piss or did she really change her name.

She really did. However, it predated the whole "Karen" thing....she just preferred Keyra.

She also changed her last name to "Skye" (bit of a hippy)

• Huggy Bear 1

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Dark Cloud

Used to work with a fella that earned that nickname.

Hela nice guy, good worker; but bad luck followed him like it loved him.

driving 31 kph, in a 30 zone---- and actually get a ticket.

Try to break up a scrap at the soccer pitch--- end up with a torn acl

rent a new house in winter, and 2 days after he moved in the power got turned off.

I loved working with him, as I knew nothing bad would happen, to ME.

• Cheers 2

My grandma (who passed away years ago) was named Karen. She was one of my favourite people in the whole world. So although I get the joke, I refuse to feel anything negative toward that name.

When the situation demands it, b**** still works just fine.

Edited by D-Money
  • Cheers 2

20 hours ago, D-Money said:

My grandma (who passed away years ago) was named Karen. She was one of my favourite people in the whole world. So although I get the joke, I refuse to feel anything negative toward that name.

When the situation demands it, b**** still works just fine.

My condolences for you, terrible loss. 

However for me in my teens the manager of a store I worked at was named Karen.

She was a total Beeeeeech and now her name is being used to describe her perfectly.