The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fraser Health finds multiple hazards at Burnaby Tim Hortons (3433 North Road) following inspection last week, refers to areas as "breeding ground for egg-laying insects"

Nucklehead22

52 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I was in this restaurant today.  Not to buy anything but for work.  As a former chef, it's quite obvious that there are staffing issues at this location.  They are short staffed and several of the staff have not been trained.  I saw nothing that a good cleaning wouldn't fix.  The most experienced person, possibly the only experienced person was prepping the food.  The manager was not visible.

If they need a "good cleaning" as you suggest then they should shut down and do that cleaning and then re-open. Restaurants need to be cleaned at all times - it's a sanitation and health issue. Nothing can excuse that. Someone told me today that their manager manages several of their locations and isn't always present which.......seems problematic in and of itself. They also apparently have a high turnover rate of staff here, and if they aren't training people properly then that's a problem too. People without proper training shouldn't be working in a restaurant, full stop. It would be like asking me to deliver parcels for Amazon and drive one of their trucks without a drivers licence. Not allowed.

Also, the pest control notes were from April AND May and they noted back in April that sanitation was a "major concern" here. It's almost June. They've had ample time to clean and clearly haven't judging by the health report.

"Food premises not maintained in a sanitary condition" was also noted on a February 6th, 2023 report too, and the only started cleaning during the inspection. At what point do you stop making excuses and start cleaning up your act?

Edited by Nucklehead22

48 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Any chance we can get a Fraser Health inspection report posted?

I haven't seen one on this specific page of this redundant thread.

only because I feel like trolling you and since you asked, mate :lol: here's feb 2023

Could contain: Text, Document, Invoice, Page

Edited by Nucklehead22

54 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I was in this restaurant today.  Not to buy anything but for work.  As a former chef, it's quite obvious that there are staffing issues at this location.  They are short staffed and several of the staff have not been trained.  I saw nothing that a good cleaning wouldn't fix.  The most experienced person, possibly the only experienced person was prepping the food.  The manager was not visible.

There is nothing going on here that hiring a couple of experienced food workers wouldn't fix.  Also, training up the staff they have.  It could be that they've lost their manager.  Interwest owns many Tims franchises and could easily transfer a few people from other outlets.  If they have lost their manager, they could promote someone from another location.  

The cleanliness is one thing. Potential of having bugs in your food, gross. The more concerning part is the hot holding. Eating a bug is gross, eating improperly cooked/held chicken is potentially fatal.

1 hour ago, Nucklehead22 said:

The cleanliness is one thing. Potential of having bugs in your food, gross. The more concerning part is the hot holding. Eating a bug is gross, eating improperly cooked/held chicken is potentially fatal.

You're making things up now.  The report said that there were pools of water (which have the potential to attract egg laying insects).  This doesn't say that there are egg laying insects or that insects are laying eggs in pools of water.  And it certainly doesn't say that they are serving up food with bugs or larvae on it.  

You are right, the real concern in the report is that they're not following foodsafe guidelines.  That is, holding hot food above 65 degrees C or cold food below 5 degrees C.  Tims isn't exactly a high skill establishment.  The food that gets brought in is already cooked.  There is no raw chicken in the building.  All they have to do is warm it up so there is zero chance of salmonella poisoning (which could be fatal).  Holding food below 65 degrees allows bacteria to grow and will give a person a wonderful case of the shits.  News flash!  This happens all the time in the restaurant world and is one reason why you should be choosy about where you dine.  The rest of their issues can be dealt with in a matter of hours and I dare say it has already.  You clearly have never worked in a restaurant or appreciate how difficult staffing one really is.  

• Upvote 1

• -SN- locked this topic